PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Some of you folks are so well organized!
My jars have labels made out of painters tape marked with a black sharpie.

greyfoxactual

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2015
Minnesota
For fear of starting a new thread, as I've seen many on the subject, I thought I would finally get my shit together and properly label, inventory (tobaccocellar.com), and show off what I've amassed in a few short months.
First is where I spend my time prepping the smoke and enjoying my hobby - a.k.a. the garage:
20150829_095708_zpsowlxlsg2.jpg

I keep my pipes in rotation based on what I feel like smoking and then put them away based on when I used them last. I reuse empty tins to keep ready-smoke bulk at hand and the Korean-made soup pot to dry out any that needs it.
And how I cellar:
20150829_120828_zpsyxa66swi.jpg

The big white containers I got from Walmart and simply reversed the container label to further keep the light out. I store intact dated tins within and keep them in a corner of the guest room. The mason jars are in their original packages held in a few shoe boxes in my office. I've currently cellared just over 3.5 lbs. thankfully worth more than I've spent. That helps convince my wife it's an investment just as much as a hobby.
I've got 13 open tins that I've told myself I will smoke through/give away before I open/purchase more. We all know how that goes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well I finally got around to taking an inventory of my cellar. It's a little wider than it is deep but I'm focusing on increasing the depth right now. Comes out to 12.5 lbs not counting any open or partial tins/jars. I store it under my pipe cabinet and in a cupboard in my sitting room, it's out on the table just for inventory/photo purposes.
This is about 8 months of cellaring effort which isn't too bad and I still managed to buy enough besides this to enjoy smoking whenever I wanted to. :puffy:

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
http://s416.photobucket.com/user/jkrug5/media/DSCN1164_zpsryxkvtrj.jpg.html
You know the moment you realize you should have put the sticker on top instead of on the side, so that you can see what it is without having to take out the jar from the tray each time!

Dammit!

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
I haven't started cellaring tobacco yet, but I'm quite proud of my little chest of pipe paraphernalia!
Perhaps I'll get around to photographing it sometime soon... :puffy:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Ok. Well you should search for the thread with Peck's stash. He has a wall of custom reinforced-shelved cabinets to hold his 700+ pound stash.
With that in mind, I present my humble offering. I started smoking pipes in 2012. It took.
October TAD (I had a little $):
20161025_1710011-600x337.jpg

Along the right edge of the picture are the dented tins, so you can guess where I got 80% of this from...
Cellar (Tins are stored in my favorite piece of Art Deco furniture):
20161007_220010-600x337.jpg

20161007_215802-600x337.jpg

20161027_0428511-337x600.jpg

Lot of folks have more, but at my smoking rate (and with the 95 tins still in the mail from the ridiculous sale at P&C) I should be good for the rest of my life.

jmagen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2016
Great googly moogly! I'm confounded with where to keep my 6-8 tins now! In my house, if there's not a toy on top of it or under it, there will be soon.

Mar 30, 2014
wv

I’m in the market for a new cabinet. The jars are 4 deep. Half the time I end up smoking what’s right in front, rather than digging around and starting an avalanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.