PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
It's unprecedented times we live in. I'm not researching the data of current shipping goods to consumers but I would be fascinated to see some graphed data on this. Tobacco products are a proverbial drop in the bucket. I checked some reddit posts on r/usps and it was near comical. Example, someone posted that you could call in sick and miss 10 days work without question. It's a reddit post so take it for what it is, but I somehow can believe that to be true.

Huge volumes of goods shipped directly to shut-in consumers all taking place before the holiday crush.

Reactions: sasquatch

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
USPS has been taking over 20 days to get a package a few states over. Anything I send from my home area in Maryland, has to go thru DC or Baltimore facilties,where they are simply stacking for 10 to 14 days.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
Monkeying around with the sorting systems? What did they do?
www.Forbes.com

Updated Sep 24, 2020, 10:35pm EDT

Following a court injunction, the U.S. Postal Service has been instructing employees to reverse recent operational changes implemented under Postmaster General Louis DeJoy that caused widespread mail delays, the agency said in a new court filing, but the USPS said it is unable to reinstall all the mail sorting machines whose removals have spurred controversy.

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
I had such a headache a few months ago shipping an item from Florida to Georgia. It was ridiculous. Still didn't end up getting my package on time and had to leave it.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
www.Forbes.com

Updated Sep 24, 2020, 10:35pm EDT

Following a court injunction, the U.S. Postal Service has been instructing employees to reverse recent operational changes implemented under Postmaster General Louis DeJoy that caused widespread mail delays, the agency said in a new court filing, but the USPS said it is unable to reinstall all the mail sorting machines whose removals have spurred controversy.

There are many more rumors than truth about the post office.

Reactions: sablebrush52

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Amazon is the clear winner as of late. Done with USPS after this season. I'll pay more for UPS and will begin sending using the same. No fun ordering items several weeks ago, paying for expedited shipping, then having to explain to my children that their Xmas gifts will be arriving after Xmas.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Amazon is the clear winner as of late. Done with USPS after this season. I'll pay more for UPS and will begin sending using the same. No fun ordering items several weeks ago, paying for expedited shipping, then having to explain to my children that their Xmas gifts will be arriving after Xmas.
Congratulations you are falling for Wall Streets agenda- The whole idea is to make you and I dependant on Amazon - They have their own fleet of infrastructure all the while dumping and inundating packages on the USPS. I am veryreluctant to order ANYTHING from Amazon and I sure don't like people promoting such a despicably run company. My brother in law is an 'Amazon Partner' He fullfills orders for them and he is barely holding onto his small business being forced to play by Amazon's rules. They bring him the leads, fullfill the transactions and call all the shots. He has quotas and Amazon feeds off of him like a parasite. This hits close to home- bottom line is the POWERS THAT BE don't want you having Xmas regardless. This should be a major concern.

Reactions: ron123

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
"I don't understand how UPS can take possession from an adjoining state, cross my state to another adjoining state then it's delivered by the US postal service 10 days from time product was dropped off with UPS."

Whilst I can't speak about UPS services in the US, I can say the UPS service over here in the UK is pretty poor inasmuch as I am given a tracking number but said tracking number only makes sense when my delivery is nigh on delivered.

By that I mean I am told my package is out for delivery and to expect it before 8pm. That is of no use to me. I only get precise delivery times immediately afore they are on my doorstep!

Regards,

Jay.?
Hmmm, okay, I understood about half that...can you please speak English? rotf

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Congratulations you are falling for Wall Streets agenda- The whole idea is to make you and I dependant on Amazon - They have their own fleet of infrastructure all the while dumping and inundating packages on the USPS. I am veryreluctant to order ANYTHING from Amazon and I sure don't like people promoting such a despicably run company. My brother in law is an 'Amazon Partner' He fullfills orders for them and he is barely holding onto his small business being forced to play by Amazon's rules. They bring him the leads, fullfill the transactions and call all the shots. He has quotas and Amazon feeds off of him like a parasite. This hits close to home- bottom line is the POWERS THAT BE don't want you having Xmas regardless. This should be a major concern.
Wall Street doesn't want me celebrating Xmas??? ?

I hear you on the evils of Amazon and I am aware of their predatory business practices. They're the 21st Century Walmart. All I was saying was Amazon's shipping has not appeared to suffer any slowdowns compared to USPS, UPS and FedEx.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Wall Street doesn't want me celebrating Xmas??? ?

I hear you on the evils of Amazon and I am aware of their predatory business practices. They're the 21st Century Walmart. All I was saying was Amazon's shipping has not appeared to suffer any slowdowns compared to USPS, UPS and FedEx.
They could care less if you have any Holiday fulfilled at this point - Haven't you been seeing all this 'Cancel Christmas' stuff all over the internet? I know I have

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
They could care less if you have any Holiday fulfilled at this point - Haven't you been seeing all this 'Cancel Christmas' stuff all over the internet? I know I have
I have not. I don't social media unless you count this place. I'm all for caution over reckless abandon with the Corona virus, but I have at-risk extended family members plus in-laws are a medical family, so scientific info is not hard to come by. I fully support virtual celebrations in situations like this.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have not. I don't social media unless you count this place. I'm all for caution over reckless abandon with the Corona virus, but I have at-risk extended family members plus in-laws are a medical family, so scientific info is not hard to come by. I fully support virtual celebrations in situations like this.
I support it too but keep in mind coronaviruses have been around for a long time and will continue to be so - This particular one has a similar 99.5 recovery/survival rate - Regardless, the Cancel Xmas thing was part of a bigger agenda - it's all part of the inclusive P.C. nonsense that they've been shoving down our throats for years - they are only using Coronavirus as front for it - Wall Street(Media, Tech, Pharma etc.) are all pushing for a cultural reset - This is not conspiracy this is a massive global technocratic agenda. The Catholic Church has already sold out - Don't believe me - Our Guardians | Council for Inclusive Capitalism - https://www.inclusivecapitalism.com/our-guardians/
This is one of the only sites where I can have sophisticated discourse and I enjoy speaking to people like you on serious matters.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I support it too but keep in mind coronaviruses have been around for a long time and will continue to be so - This particular one has a similar 99.5 recovery/survival rate - Regardless, the Cancel Xmas thing was part of a bigger agenda - it's all part of the inclusive P.C. nonsense that they've been shoving down our throats for years - they are only using Coronavirus as front for it - Wall Street(Media, Tech, Pharma etc.) are all pushing for a cultural reset - This is not conspiracy this is a massive global technocratic agenda. The Catholic Church has already sold out - Don't believe me - Our Guardians | Council for Inclusive Capitalism - https://www.inclusivecapitalism.com/our-guardians/
This is one of the only sites where I can have sophisticated discourse and I enjoy speaking to people like you on serious matters.
I would say that this coronavirus is different than the ones we are used to, largely due to the ease at which it spreads as well as the alarming mix of lasting symptoms that accompany it. There is more at play than just the immediate mortality of the Covid infection.

While I am aware there are elements that would seek to reform culture, I also remember the last time political correctness was en vogue. This, too, shall pass. Rather than rage against the agendas of the would-be emperors, I choose to cultivate my own answer to modern civilization's problems. The problem with being brazen during a pandemic as a show of resistance is it could harm me and mine. My family and like-minded friends have used this time to develop our technological aptitude and grow closer to our households. It certainly has helped my garden.

Reactions: Jaylotw

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I would say that this coronavirus is different than the ones we are used to, largely due to the ease at which it spreads as well as the alarming mix of lasting symptoms that accompany it. There is more at play than just the immediate mortality of the Covid infection.

While I am aware there are elements that would seek to reform culture, I also remember the last time political correctness was en vogue. This, too, shall pass. Rather than rage against the agendas of the would-be emperors, I choose to cultivate my own answer to modern civilization's problems. The problem with being brazen during a pandemic as a show of resistance is it could harm me and mine. My family and like-minded friends have used this time to develop our technological aptitude and grow closer to our households. It certainly has helped my garden.
It's nice that you are getting used to being at home - this is going to last for a while - unfortunately -
This is no different than any coronavirus - only more publicized - I reccomend you head over to archive.org and look at the countless books on the subject - here's one from 1995 https://archive.org/detail/coronarelatedvir0380unse
So in a way I am thankful for Amazon - otherwise we may very well starve soon