PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I don't understand how UPS can take possession from an adjoining state, cross my state to another adjoining state then it's delivered by the US postal service 10 days from time product was dropped off with UPS."

Whilst I can't speak about UPS services in the US, I can say the UPS service over here in the UK is pretty poor inasmuch as I am given a tracking number but said tracking number only makes sense when my delivery is nigh on delivered.

By that I mean I am told my package is out for delivery and to expect it before 8pm. That is of no use to me. I only get precise delivery times immediately afore they are on my doorstep!

Regards,

Jay.?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Jay, I'm a UPS member and I can follow the truck with my order as it runs its route. It's easy to see when he gets within a couple miles of the house so I know it'll be at my door in half an hour or so. Is a membership available in England?

Reactions: JOHN72

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I ordered my last one on jun 30th and got it on the 7th, that was with the free shipping. The 4th was in there, and it still came a couple days before they said it would.

I count myself lucky. I've heard the horror stories and I do my best to avoid them..
I've only rarely ordered from them over the years but had no past problems. Only ordered from them this time because they had a blend I wanted in stock which SP didn't have.

Keitha

Might Stick Around
Jun 23, 2020
Costa Mesa, CA
Bringing back an old thread:
I'm going on 23 days now waiting on an order from Smoking Pipes...

Order placed on 11/30/20
Shipment Progress

Progress IndicatorStatusDateLocationActivity
Future Event
Delivery--
Current Event
Shipped12/03/2020 2:53 A.M.Raleigh, NC, United States
Past Event
Label Created12/02/2020 3:02 P.M.United States

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
There are reports that sorting centers have tractor trailers 'stacked' up, waiting for the 'local' mail to let-up so that sorting and routing can be accomplished. They say it has to do with increased used of shopping on-line during the pandemic. Of course, monkeying around with the sorting systems prior to the election didn't help things. There are also reports of high retirement rates among postal workers due to the stress of all this.

So much winning!

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I understand your frustration. I think mail and package delivery is being swamped. I haven't ordered anything where I wouldn't shrug my shoulders if a package was very late.

Reactions: seanv

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I have a few items that have been frozen in route for a week. I hate the handing off to USPS, but delayed deliveries are expected with what’s going on. Fortunately the important stuff was ordered and delivered a while ago.

Reactions: JOHN72

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Still awaiting my order from The Country Squire, held up in the USPS mail mountain no doubt.

Ordered - 11/28
Label created - 12/1
Accepted at USPS origin facility - 12/2
Arrived at USPS regional facility (distribution center) - 12/2
In transit, Arriving late - 12/6.

I placed a ticket with the PO, and received a phone call a week later from a very tired sounding worker who basically reiterated that it's on it's way, and they're very busy right now.. Tried to be as nice as I could be, I know it's not his fault and I'm sure they've been dealing with it for weeks.

Just trying to be patient and hopeful that I'll eventually get my order. My only concern is how well those samples are going to hold up without being jarred, and kept next to each other for this length of time.

Keitha

Might Stick Around
Jun 23, 2020
Costa Mesa, CA
Yah, All we can do is be understanding. It's just Tobacco after all and I have a cupboard full of it.
The bright side is that it will be cellared and aged more once I do get it....

If it doesn't show up by February, I will start to wonder

Reactions: seanv

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I'm sure this is having a direct effect on xmas - I am holding back from ordering anything until this gets resolved and I'm sure it's happening all over the place for all types of items - my brother has seen a decline in apparel where he works for the past 4 days already - either everyone is broke and spent all their dough, or people are frustrated.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
There are reports that sorting centers have tractor trailers 'stacked' up, waiting for the 'local' mail to let-up so that sorting and routing can be accomplished. They say it has to do with increased used of shopping on-line during the pandemic. Of course, monkeying around with the sorting systems prior to the election didn't help things. There are also reports of high retirement rates among postal workers due to the stress of all this.

So much winning!

Monkeying around with the sorting systems? What did they do?