Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
"2 grand."

"Alright, I'll call the two grand. I'll gamble. Don't splash the pot."

"You're on a draw, Mike? Go away, dis one is not good for you. And in my club, I will splesh the pot venever the fack I please!"
It’s ok.
im still up 20 grand from this last time I stick it in you!

• Haha
Reactions: ofafeather

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
probably good with chocolate tobaccos.

I imagine that some of it could be. However, when I originally purchased this pound of tobacco saturated in pure peppermint essential oil, I had plans to mix it with a good chocolate aro and make a home-brew mint chocolate chip blend.

I'm also a trapper and dabble in making some of my own lures and baits. As such, I have 100% pure quill skunk essence at the house in my arsenal. Knowing what I know now, I'd have to really sit down and think about which I'd rather smoke.

There is no place in this world for Sutliff Frosty Mint.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
My favorite review:

"...Do you like Mint?

...Seriously, are you a mint fanatic?

…Do you prefer your mint to feel like it's clubbing you in the face with a large 10 pound candy cane with other smaller candy canes nails through it, then having wintergreen oil poured into the open wounds while inhaling mentholatum through your nostrils as your eyes water? THAT is what you get with Frosty Mint from Altadis. Without all the violence.

I love the Altadis brand. It's like having the freaky girlfriend that everyone loathes. You know the one: sexy but dangerous and very offensive to everyone with a ‘devil may care' attitude, however when you put up with all her misgivings she's a tigress in the sack. All my senses tell me I should hate this brand. That I should turn up my nose to it; pipe smoking should be reserved for more serious brands.

But darn it, Altadis is tasty.

And Frosty Mint delivers as promised. It's mint, pure and simple. In the self-descriptor it claims to have chocolate-mint. Personally I think if it ever did have a hint of chocolate in there, that poor flavor has long since been killed and tossed overboard by all that damn mint.

Now FROSTY, that's an exact word for it. Combined with Minty it pretty much tells you all you need to know about this tabacco. When I first started to pick up the pipe, I looked for a menthol aromatic because frankly I am a mint fanatic. I found most brands lacking. Then Frosty mint came along and BAM. Instant love.

It burns nice to a grey white ash. It can leave a small bit of goop, but if you smoke it right that's not an issue.

Fair Warning: It will bite your tongue with the fury of a rabid grizzly bear if you smoke it wrong, due to the overwhelming mint flavor. However if you coax it out of the pipe right it'll cure any craving you have for the brisk flavor of mint.

Another Fair Warning: the taste will linger. I dedicated a Peterson pipe to it because it'll ghost the hell out of any pipe.

As a side note, Altadis is great for mixing together other Altadis flavors and coming up with lovable concoctions. I have added a few pinches of this with custom blends and given it to friends and they LOVE it. Just a pinch will due. It gives any aromatic blend you create a nice, clean feel.

Refreshing? Hell yes.

Minty? The Very Definition.

Frosty? All winter long.

Dangerous? With the fury of all nine ice hells.

Frosty Mint by Altadis is my Freya of pipe tobacco: She'll make you bleed for it, but she's beautiful and makes you come crawling back for more.

Mint."

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well I got to 2 charring lights. Peppermint essential oil is a great description. Oddly, the mint doesn’t smell that strong from the bag note. Smells like a Girl Scout thin mint... tastes like aromatherapy. Probably ruined this unsmoked cob with the 2 charring lights.
18E0BFF4-926D-48A2-9CA2-A6D5A8288E99.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.