PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I was just reading the reviews on P&C.. mostly positive. Who are these people who like menthol pipe tobacco?

If they could cut the power by about 80%, I’d probably really like it.

I bought it because of the reviews and how overwhelmingly minty it was supposed to be. I really like strong mint flavor. But Frosty Mint is a different animal.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If they could cut the power by about 80%, I’d probably really like it.

I bought it because of the reviews and how overwhelmingly minty it was supposed to be. I really like strong mint flavor. But Frosty Mint is a different animal.
Agree. Even 90% cut. I don’t think we realize how tobacco forward a menthol cig is compared to this stuff lol

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Agree. Even 90% cut. I don’t think we realize how tobacco forward a menthol cig is compared to this stuff lol

The stuff I make menthol cigarettes with is the stuff I smoked, Wildhorse menthol.. In a pipe it was totally overwhelming, I smoked a quarter of a bowl and my pipe and my sinuses were both ghosted.. But in a cigarette the menthol isn't very strong.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Is there any chance they intended this stuff for cigarettes.. I normally don't make a distinction between pipe tobacco and cigarette tobacco, but menthol may be for cigarettes only.
Nope and the flavor isn’t even menthol. It’s literally straight peppermint.

the cut is pretty chunky with big piece of black cavendish so I doubt there was any intention of smoking it rolled up. It’s so wet I don’t even know if you could.

I was under the impression menthol was mint flavored. I have been wrong before.
Menthol is a compound of different mints, but I never associated it with straight up mint. Maybe it’s how some see anise and licorice as the same, or lemon and lime. Maybe, I’m just more perceptive of differences.

I’ve had a mint homeblend once. I didn’t find it menthol-ish at all. More Altoidish. But, I’m neither a menthol or mint fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.