PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I'll send a tin of Esoterica to the first person that posts a link to peer-reviewed and/or published research (book) that scientifically identifies "plume/bloom/crystals" on pipe tobacco.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Any peers out there tell willing to review this as plume? :)

The sparkles don't come through on camera. When I get closer it stops looking crystalline and starts looking moldy.
Enjoy the pretty pictures!
IMG_5809.jpegIMG_5821.jpegIMG_5812.jpeg
IMG_5815.jpegIMG_5824.jpegIMG_5808.jpeg
Zippo for scale

Came From an old jar of penzance gifted to me just over a year ago by a forum member.
I couldn't discern a taste from the white stuff outside the somkey flavor it smells of.

It wasn't my favorite in 2021 when I was a brand-new pipe-smoker, but today it is smelling very tempting.

Reactions: canucklehead
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Top right picture and bottom middle picture definitely look like mold, but it's harder to tell from the other pictures. Based off those two pictures I would gather that the other pictures are mold as well.

Now smoke it or discard it, that's up to you. What I do know is that if my loaf of bread has some mold, I toss those pieces of bread and eat the ones without mold. If I have a block of cheese with mold, I cut off the mold and eat the rest of the cheese. The decision is yours...

Reactions: aspiring_sage