PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Had it on both of my trips to England ('05 & '06). Nothing cures a hangover better! That was before I quit pork, though. The asparagus is an interesting side. Nothing like being hungover and having weird smelling urine. What's to drink with this dish, by the way?
Could always do beef sausage instead?

Nothing goes quite like they do.

View attachment 73858
Looks tasty but where’s the gravy?

I love Sausage and mash. But a toad in the hole is a definite step up. It’s damn tasty.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
So is there a specific type of sausage you’re supposed to use? I’m going to assume it’s a type that’s not readily available in the US?

Reactions: JOHN72

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
I remember my first time in Chicago and watching a street vender boiling hot dogs. I had never seen someone boil meats. It seemed very weird to me. I had never though to boil a sausage before grilling it, but it sounds plausible. I may have to try it.
Some places street vendors aren’t legally allowed to sell grilled hotdogs. Vaguely remember some internet uproar when California forbid vendors from selling hotdogs wrapped in bacon since the hotdogs were grilled. From what I remember it got turned into a racial issue because bacon hotdogs are a Mexican thing.