PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's what I was saying. It's still out there if you take the time to look for it. :) There's still some left where I bought mine from.

Oct 7, 2016
When I popped a tin of 15 year old Germain Special Latakia Flake last week and smoked the first bowl, I didn't waste a second caring whether it came from my cellar, hoard or stockpile.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I walked into my B&M today to see Samuel Gawith tins and Esoterica bags everywhere.
Had I not just made two forum member deals this week, I'd have unleashed the billfold.
thirsty.png

jay-roger.jpg

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Did you have to climb over them to get into the store maybe the b&m owner is one of these hoarders?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Did you have to climb over them to get into the store maybe the b&m owner is one of these hoarders?
You can almost always find them at B&Ms, especially those with no online presence. That's why I wonder where all of the lack of availability comes from. If I really wanted Stonehaven, which I personally hate, I would say it would take less than ten calls to find it.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
You hoarders are why i dont have any b&m near me that can stock the good stuff because yall bought it all before they could buy any. Lol

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
You hoarders are why i dont have any b&m near me that can stock the good stuff because yall bought it all before they could buy any. Lol
:mrgreen:
My local carries mostly aromatics so ordering online and calling is my main outlet for anything else.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Just grabbed some Best Brown and Navy.By the way, is there a timeline on where tobacco orders go from being a fresh shipment, to the object of that great crime, hoarding? Wouldn't want to offend anyone with what I used my cash on. They might come and confiscate my last tins of McClelland 24.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
By the way, is there a timeline on where tobacco orders go from being a fresh shipment, to the object of that great crime, hoarding?
It's simple really:
Everyone who is quick enough to secure a shipment is a guilty hoarder.
Everyone who is too slow and misses out is an innocent victim.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I'm surprised that Mars still has BBF hours later. I guess it pays to have a favorite that flys under the radar.

Oct 7, 2016
I'm surprised that Mars still has BBF hours later. I guess it pays to have a favorite that flys under the radar.
And at 11:40 PM, they still have BBF in tins. Limit 2, but they had other stuff up at the same time, like Squadron Leader and Skiff boxes, that could be combined to spread out the shipping costs.
Social media is amazing. People who have never smoked St. James and Cabbies absolutely have to have it. Full Virginia Flake is right behind. Started smoking a pipe in the late 1970's, never thought I would see anything like this herd instinct. I think that is as much of a factor in the new world of out of stock situations as hoarders, cellarers or stock pilers, at least at the online shops. After all, most of them have quantity limits. When I really want to lay in a quantity of something, I get on the phone and call,but a lot of people newer to pipe smoking seem to only be comfortable with web pages and email.

Status
Not open for further replies.