PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It's not hoarding. Harris doesn't hoard, peck doesn't hoard and neither do I. Hoarding has nothing to do with buying. If I suddenly had to quit smoking pipe, due to illness, and was sure I could/would never smoke again but persisted in keeping my tobacco around, that would be hoarding. The Good Lord may have other plans for my lifespan but I have every intention to smoke all the tobacco I've purchased.
I get it. It would be great if every time we wanted a certain blend, we could just drive 15 minutes or less and have our choice of any fresh or aged blend. And when that obviously is not the case, someone has to shoulder the blame. So it's the hoarders fault.
4sidedtriangle, when I'm 85 and smoking some sublime 25 year old FVF, I'll think of you pal.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
don't really give a shit about being labeled. I love my cellar!
EXACTLY!!
I guard my cellar with my firearms.
It's really too bad that alcohol, tobacco and firearms are considered by some "bad things".
They've consistently given me great joy.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
ToMAYto, toMAHto, it's all the same. Call it what you want, cellaring, stockpiling, hoarding, whatever. You and I have put away amounts of our favorite blends to enjoy, now and in the future. And I for one do not give a "expletive deleted of your choice" about what anyone else thinks of it. Now to enjoy some nice 12 year old Marlin Flake. Ahhhh...
Hoarding has nothing to do with buying.
You won it all at BINGO? That's freaking fabulous!
EDIT: Here's where I see a difference. People who are buying primarily for speculation on the secondary market. And while I think it's shitty, it's also theirs, not mine. There are so many good blends that get little to no press, so stop worrying about unobtainium and find the good stuff that's out there so that you have great smokes and can give the bird to speculators.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Urban dictionary:
Denial: pipe smokers who think it's unnecessary to cellar tobacco.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
ToMAYto, toMAHto, it's all the same. Call it what you want, cellaring, stockpiling, hoarding, whatever. You and I have put away amounts of our favorite blends to enjoy, now and in the future. And I for one do not give a "expletive deleted of your choice" about what anyone else thinks of it. Now to enjoy some nice 12 year old Marlin Flake. Ahhhh...
I prefer Pipe Tobacco Inventory Management. :puffy:

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
When I started my cellar, it was purely, and 100% done as a hedge against rising taxes here in Australia.

At the time I started in 2017, it was around $350 per pound.

It's now at about $600 per pound, and due to rise again in September by 12.5%

The taxes which got me started are now the least of the problems in relation to purchase. The writing is on the wall to totally prohibit tobacco altogether.
Sticks and stones may break my bones.... but I'm a hoarder, and I have tobacco.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Personal attacks are not permitted on this forum, please read the rules.
You can find any tobacco you want from the folks on this forum. I was making an obvious observation. Pretty sure that condemning members for buying tobacco is a personal attack.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
13xw6a.jpg

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I have only just began my cellar. Im only about 40lbs deep and will continue to grow it. I don't consider buying and saving tobacco for a rainy day hoarding. I live in Canada and i know that there will come a time that i will not be able to get the great stuff i'm purchasing now at all, or it will be so expensive i won't be able to afford it. i see rainy days ahead and the bigger my cellar gets now, the more prepared i'll be.

Hoarding ? Thats a strong word...being prepared for the future? Well thats just smart.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
When i think of hoarding i picture the houses from the tv show. If any of you are having to climb over tins and jars of tobacco to get to a little spot in your house where you eat and sleep il gladly haul it off for free. :)

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Yall didnt hoard all the tins lol took about 30 sec with google i got the last one the first one had though.

Status
Not open for further replies.