PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Any SC guys here can answer this one for me: Mustard BBQ sauce? Is it as good as the hype makes it out to be?
I'm not from SC, but like mustard bbq sauce on pork. Was not a fan of it on chicken for some reason.

It's flavor profile is similar to a tangy honey mustard and worth picking up a bottle at least once.

I've got a pork shoulder in the slow cooker that I plan on eating with sides of various bbq sauces, including both mustard and spicy vinegar (which cuts the fat and accents the meat, but people either love or loathe it).

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I am a proud son of southwest Missouri and I thankfully I’ve never been so poor as to eat possum or venison or cow ribs, any liver or hominy grits. I’m not saying I wouldn’t, it would just be only if I was cornered, that I did.

Another point of culinary pride is that unless the restaurant has Ott’s Famous Dressing, or French, I don’t eat a salad. It took me a long time, to eat French dressing as an Ott’s substitute, but there’s only so much my hillbilly taste buds can adapt to, you know?

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Any SC guys here can answer this one for me: Mustard BBQ sauce? Is it as good as the hype makes it out to be?
The best mustard sauce I have had came from this recipie:

Everyone raves when I make it

Reactions: JOHN72 and romaso
Easily one of the better meats you can eat. Venison goulash is incredible.
If we are just going to post some things we do that might not be regional, be careful, I could fill another 100 posts.
But, my pecan encrusted venison is awesome. Crush some pecans, (pa-cawns), add a touch of cinnamon and onion powder to the flour, dredge in egg, dry flour mix, and then the pecans, and fry in skillet.
Mix, maple syrup with some half and half in a warm sauce pan, and our over finished steaks.
Then slap your mother.

Beers 'N Briars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Yakima, Washington
What kinds of food are specific to where you are, and can't be bought anywhere else?

I cant speak for Ontario exactly, but recently it came to my attention that the following items were unavailable in the US, and may be Canada only.

1. Ketchup Chips

91GSJSJbWCL._SY741_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_SX560SY741SH20_.jpg

2. All Dressed Chips

View attachment 112019

3. Vernors (a regional thing in Southwestern Ontario, think Ginger ale with more punch)

719UXZw5bqL._SL1500_.jpg
I live in Washington state and have been drinking Vernors my whole life. All Dressed chips have only been available here about the last 5 years, though COVID has made them harder to come by.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Rochester NY's haute cuisine for drunkards, the garbage plate--preferably from Nick Tahou's restaurant, the original, on West Main Street. Sketchy neighborhood, come heavy, as Junior Soprano would say.

View attachment 113234
Next time you are in Batavia, NY try sausage gravy on biscuits with eggs over light on top at The Sport of kings. The only problem, it gets in your mouth!

Reactions: burleybreath
Status
Not open for further replies.