Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I recently dipped into a half pound of the C&D Oriental Silk I'd bought a few weeks back at SP. I've smoked this blend for a long time and it has always been very smooth. This batch is rough and somewhat bitter. More like Orion's Arrow which I only tolerate. Wonder if they mixed them up.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Today I cellared 1.5 lbs PS LNF, 1 lbs Newminster 400, 4" each of G&H Brown Irish X, Black Irish X, Brown Bogie Twist and 3 tins of 3 year aged Three Nuns.

All the bulk was mylar bagged in 2 oz portions. It's very satisfying to get it all bagged and sealed for a nice long rest.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
I was told it is going to be re-released in April. The tins they had at the Muletown Pipe Show were all new.
I heard that too (I hope to nab a few), but also heard that it was renamed BS Flake and all new tins would be labeled as such due to a law prohibiting food names for tobacco products 🤔 His label says Brown Sugar Flake.

Reactions: FurCoat and Elric

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
After telling myself I was going to hold off on any tobacco purchases in March, I’ve somehow managed to order the following:

Two Friends Celtic Mist, an 8oz and 2oz tin
Two Friends Heritage, an 8oz and 2oz tin
Two Friends Valle Crucis, an 8oz and 2oz tin
Two Friends Redwood, 2oz
(all of the above are new to me)

GLPease Regents Flake, 3 2oz tins (my first TinBids purchase)

Samuel Gawith Navy Flake, 8oz
SG Perfection, 8oz
Gawith Hoggarth Bob’s Chocolate Flake, 500g
GH Brown Flake Unscented, 500g

Status
Not open for further replies.