PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I hate all you Gawith Hoggarth horders JK lmao. I saw the email but I just started a new job today and couldn’t get on right away ?. I did manage to grab a 4oz sample of some Black Irish X, Ennerdale, and some dark flake unscented. Next time it comes around I’ll get the Brown Irish.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Blam
My final order before departing for Bulgaria. The tobacco will stay stateside until I return for a visit in two years. @ashdigger @Grangerous I have you guys to thank/blame for the Granger.
View attachment 94081
Blame. Definitely, blame. But the statute of limitations will end by the time you crack the Granger.

Safe and noble travels, Sir.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
You betcha. Now comes the covert operation of getting the package past the wife. Concidering what I ordered she'll probably smell smell it before the mail truck makes to the driveway.
Hot tip: The week or so leading up to the delivery day, eat a lot of certain foods, the discarded amounts of which leave behind a wretched stench in your kitchen trash receptacle. Fish is always a winner, as are durian fruit, if you can find it. Leave the detritus in there for at least a couple days, but keep adding other stuff in with it. Neutral stuff, like potato peels, which will in no way obscure the horrific odor building up beneath. This way, when the moment of deception truth comes, your wife will see you taking a FULL trash bag out to the exterior receptacle; if the bag is less than full, it may arouse her suspicions; should this happen, the subterfuge will surely fail. But a full one, and she just might buy it. Pretend to drop something on your way out, so as to maximize your time indoors, allowing the scent to permeate the interior of the house. But not too long, or again, the entire endeavor will be in jeopardy. Once the trash is disposed of, make your way straight to the conveniently arriving postal employee (hopefully not Newman from Seinfeld), snag that package, and make your way straight to your cellar for immediate transfer. If done properly, you should have no unforeseen issues en route, as the malodorous nature of the entire house will ensure that you are given a wide berth. A minor scolding from a spouse pertaining to the olfactorily offensive "mishap" surely pales in comparison to being caught with even a couple grams of pipe tobacco. I mean, don't you have enough already, you TAD-enabling bastard?!?

Or, your could try something a little more complex. Maybe ask one of the other, more experienced guys on the forum. Preferably ones who have a TAD clause in their marriage contract. ;)

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Hot tip: The week or so leading up to the delivery day, eat a lot of certain foods, the discarded amounts of which leave behind a wretched stench in your kitchen trash receptacle. Fish is always a winner, as are durian fruit, if you can find it. Leave the detritus in there for at least a couple days, but keep adding other stuff in with it. Neutral stuff, like potato peels, which will in no way obscure the horrific odor building up beneath. This way, when the moment of deception truth comes, your wife will see you taking a FULL trash bag out to the exterior receptacle; if the bag is less than full, it may arouse her suspicions; should this happen, the subterfuge will surely fail. But a full one, and she just might buy it. Pretend to drop something on your way out, so as to maximize your time indoors, allowing the scent to permeate the interior of the house. But not too long, or again, the entire endeavor will be in jeopardy. Once the trash is disposed of, make your way straight to the conveniently arriving postal employee (hopefully not Newman from Seinfeld), snag that package, and make your way straight to your cellar for immediate transfer. If done properly, you should have no unforeseen issues en route, as the malodorous nature of the entire house will ensure that you are given a wide berth. A minor scolding from a spouse pertaining to the olfactorily offensive "mishap" surely pales in comparison to being caught with even a couple grams of pipe tobacco. I mean, don't you have enough already, you TAD-enabling bastard?!?

Or, your could try something a little more complex. Maybe ask one of the other, more experienced guys on the forum. Preferably ones who have a TAD clause in their marriage contract. ;)
I can hear the Mission Impossible theme song in the background. The mission if you choose to take it, sneak 5 pounds of granny panty tobacco past your wife and jar it without raising suspicion. Enabling is so much fun, I mean honestly, we are all here because we don't want to suffer alone. All in good fun. My down fall will be wanting to tear into the box and smell my new stash. Smiling ear to ear, drunk on the smell of those wonderful blends, Ennerdale clinging to my beard...I'm in trouble, but it's worth it. Reminds me, I need to check when it's arriving, maybe I can intercept the mail lady down the block.

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
View attachment 94340
1 tin each of:
Christmas Cheer 1997
Christmas Cheer 1999
Wessex Sovereign
HH Mature Virginia

All of these are hard to find in the UK so are great additions to my cellar.
Thanks to forum member Paul at Larryssonpipes?.

Nice.

I just managed to pick up a 35g sample of Paul's own McCranies RF & RR/McC Aurora/Oriental mix for not much money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.