PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Hot tip: The week or so leading up to the delivery day, eat a lot of certain foods, the discarded amounts of which leave behind a wretched stench in your kitchen trash receptacle. Fish is always a winner, as are durian fruit, if you can find it. Leave the detritus in there for at least a couple days, but keep adding other stuff in with it. Neutral stuff, like potato peels, which will in no way obscure the horrific odor building up beneath. This way, when the moment of deception truth comes, your wife will see you taking a FULL trash bag out to the exterior receptacle; if the bag is less than full, it may arouse her suspicions; should this happen, the subterfuge will surely fail. But a full one, and she just might buy it. Pretend to drop something on your way out, so as to maximize your time indoors, allowing the scent to permeate the interior of the house. But not too long, or again, the entire endeavor will be in jeopardy. Once the trash is disposed of, make your way straight to the conveniently arriving postal employee (hopefully not Newman from Seinfeld), snag that package, and make your way straight to your cellar for immediate transfer. If done properly, you should have no unforeseen issues en route, as the malodorous nature of the entire house will ensure that you are given a wide berth. A minor scolding from a spouse pertaining to the olfactorily offensive "mishap" surely pales in comparison to being caught with even a couple grams of pipe tobacco. I mean, don't you have enough already, you TAD-enabling bastard?!?

Or, your could try something a little more complex. Maybe ask one of the other, more experienced guys on the forum. Preferably ones who have a TAD clause in their marriage contract. ;)
You guys are amateurs. Just give her a Victorias Secret coupon and tell her to go shopping for underwear or something. Problem solved. ?

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
My GH order has arrived, man this Ennerdale smells good. It does remind me of soap but the scent is definitely pleasant so I expect the taste to be pleasant as well ?.
5 x R&J 1875 Cigarillo tins
2 x R&J 1875 Bully
1 x Sutliff Crumble Kake VaPer
1 x Savinelli Doblone d’Oro
4oz of GH Black Irish X
4oz of GH Dark Flake Unscented
4oz of GH Ennerdale (already jarred so it doesn’t lose that scent or let it crossover to another tobac in the cellar)
1498F086-F6DE-4A34-9396-44002E6D4E11.jpeg

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
How solid is the Bosun Plug?
I’ve never had it before. A brief inspection of if it’s not as solid and dense as Peterson’s Perfect Plug, but it also won’t merely fall apart and crumble. I’m waiting for the weather to change just a little bit to the cooler fall nights before I break into this GH order

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
3E8AE18D-C944-427B-89B4-A6E3582FAA5F.jpeg
My spoils from the recent Gawith Hoggarth & Co. drop.

2 - 500 g. boxes and 1 - 16 oz. bag of Ennerdale Flake
2 - 500 g. boxes and 1 - 16oz. bag of Rum Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Louisiana Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Scotch Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Bob’s Chocolate Flake
4 oz. Bosun Plug
4 oz. Coniston Cut Plug
4 oz. Dark Plug
4 oz. Dark Flake
4 oz. Brown Flake Unscented
4 oz. Scotch Flake
4 oz. Kendal Flake
4 oz. Kendal #7
4 oz. Kentucky Nougat

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
View attachment 95139
My spoils from the recent Gawith Hoggarth & Co. drop.

2 - 500 g. boxes and 1 - 16 oz. bag of Ennerdale Flake
2 - 500 g. boxes and 1 - 16oz. bag of Rum Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Louisiana Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Scotch Flake
1 - 500 g. box of Bob’s Chocolate Flake
4 oz. Bosun Plug
4 oz. Coniston Cut Plug
4 oz. Dark Plug
4 oz. Dark Flake
4 oz. Brown Flake Unscented
4 oz. Scotch Flake
4 oz. Kendal Flake
4 oz. Kendal #7
4 oz. Kentucky Nougat
As a Brit in Canada, this brings a few tears to my eyes. I wish I could order this but the duty/tax bill would bankrupt me. Enjoy it!

I did manage to risk a few pounds of Bob's Chocolate Flake and some Dark Flake unscented though and I ordered a pound of Orlik Golden Sliced and a pound of Stonehenge Flake. I will offer prayers to the border gods to be kind.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One of the best blends I’ve smoked in years is Georg Huber Virginia Golden Flake. Available only locally in Munich, @jguss had sent me a tin that he had picked up before the pandemic when he was there on business.
I figured that I would never get to enjoy it again. Last Wednesday a mysterious package showed up on my doorstep. It was a 400 gram package of Georg Huber Virginia Golden Flake!!
With all this intensely busy man has going on, he made time to pull a few strings to send me a bag of it!
I can’t begin to express my joy and gratitude
for his thoughtfulness and generosity!
Thank you so very very much!! He’s a class act and a very special human being!

Status
Not open for further replies.