PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
My most recent TAD purchase was last year, but I finally delved back into my most recent haul, including a few tins of Esoterica Dunbar, which I am enjoying thoroughly.

10 tins of SG Best Brown Flake
20 pouches of Capstan Navy Cut ready rubbed
A monster 250 g plug of SG Full Virginia

Very nice! That is exactly what I would picture a British gentleman to smoke, and some of my favorites as well. If I could only ever smoke one blend forever, FVF would certainly be a contender, as would Capstan blue.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
6A9DA8FF-C3EB-48D1-B4B9-9789C5713A21.jpeg
@hoosierpipeguy gave me a tin of this about a year ago and, at the time, I didn’t like it very much. Very light in body, flavor and nicotine. But, in the dog days of a typical Florida summer, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. A very refreshing, summertime smoke.

On another note, I always have my tobacco shipped to my business. So my warehouse manager Walks into my office, rolls her eyes and says (in a sing-song voice) “More tobacco” and drops the order on my desk, to which my wife replies “Do you really need more tobacco?” Well, my answer was firm and to the point; I blamed it all on Mark and left it at that. (Just a heads up, Mark, my wife wants to speak to you the next time you’re in Florida.) ?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
View attachment 93523
@hoosierpipeguy gave me a tin of this about a year ago and, at the time, I didn’t like it very much. Very light in body, flavor and nicotine. But, in the dog days of a typical Florida summer, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. A very refreshing, summertime smoke.

On another note, I always have my tobacco shipped to my business. So my warehouse manager Walks into my office, rolls her eyes and says (in a sing-song voice) “More tobacco” and drops the order on my desk, to which my wife replies “Do you really need more tobacco?” Well, my answer was firm and to the point; I blamed it all on Mark and left it at that. (Just a heads up, Mark, my wife wants to speak to you the next time you’re in Florida.) ?

My friend, if you lack the balls to just tell her how it is and how it is going to be, I suppose you can just blame me. I have big shoulders and even bigger cojones. On a more positive note, I'm pleased to see your palate is developing with time. This is my first smoke of the day most days but not something I smoke later in the day.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Even though I don't smoke I've bought 3 X 500g of Dark Flake, 2 unscented and 1 scented, in case I ever pick the pipe back up. I signed up for a SP
alert when they had it back in stock months ago. Got it this am and promptly ordered.

My gratitude for internet communication and smokingpipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.