PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatamot

Part of the Furniture Now
May 26, 2020
EU
I'm not a fan,Peterson,Mc Baren,what is sold in europe in general .........I love
Cornell & Diehl and
GL Pease.............I think it's better quality..............personal opinion
Better quality? I d`nt know, but to me a way nicer smoke for the C&D and G.L. Pease. ;)

Reactions: cshubhra

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I took the day off and decided to check out a spot that claimed to sell pipe tobacco, and I'm glad I did. It's pretty clear no one buys pipe tobacco there, but it's a big selection and there's a counter with bulk and several hundred pipes. I bought a few tins.

GL Pease Gaslight with a 2017 date
GL Pease Quiet Nights with a 2017 date
MacB HH Burley Flake with a 2018 date
MacB Navy Flake with a 2014 date
Peterson Irish Flake (can't tell the date)

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
Forgot to add and edit first post.

SPC 8oz Plum Pudding x1
SPC 4oz Mississippi River Special Reserve X2
SPC 2oz Hood Canal X1
Missouri Meerschaum 1.5oz Pouch Missouri Pride X1
Missouri Meerschaum 1.5oz Pouch American Patriot X2
Mark Twain 1.5oz Pouch Memoir X2
Hearth & Home 1.75oz Tin Magnum Opus X1
Hearth & Home 1.75oz Tin Marquee Virginia Memory X2
Hearth & Home 1.75oz Tin Black House X2
Stanwell 1.75oz Tin Jubilee X1

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Apples to Oranges, my man. If you lived in Alberta and had to pay $60, but could drive to Saskatchewan and pay $12, then we could talk.
I could drive to the US pretty quickly and buy there but I would rather support the local b&m when possible and no matter how you cut it, pipe smoking is still cheaper than cigars.
When the covid border closures are over I have some good connections that bring me back tins on a regular basis. I guess I'm lucky

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I could drive to the US pretty quickly and buy there but I would rather support the local b&m when possible and no matter how you cut it, pipe smoking is still cheaper than cigars.
When the covid border closures are over I have some good connections that bring me back tins on a regular basis. I guess I'm lucky

I guess I'm confused. So you could pay less in the US, but don't because you support your B&M (which is awesome), but you do get tins from the US and you don't pay the $60... right?

And you can't buy from the US now, but you will most certainly will have stuff bootlegged for you, once you can.

So your original post was what? I think there are 1000s of smokers in Aus and NZ who would trade places with even you, my friend.

I am trapped by high tax states and can receive no mailed tobacco. So I guess I would trade with you as well!

:)

• Wow
Reactions: jpmcwjr and seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I guess I'm confused. So you could pay less in the US, but don't because you support your B&M (which is awesome), but you do get tins from the US and you don't pay the $60... right?

And you can't buy from the US now, but you will most certainly will have stuff bootlegged for you, once you can.

So your original post was what? I think there are 1000s of smokers in Aus and NZ who would trade places with even you, my friend.

I am trapped by high tax states and can receive no mailed tobacco. So I guess I would trade with you as well!

:)
You sound upset.

I purchase online and in person locally.

I have a legal amount brought back to me from the US when possible.

I can drive to the US when the borders are open and bring some back legally and pay duty on the extra which is cheaper than buying local.
I would exclusively buy local if I could get tins for $27 but taxes are high here.

Have a pipe and a good new years ?

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.