PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
@hawky454 Was that Pipe World or Habana House?

View attachment 42478
It was Pipe World off Anderson. I always forget the name of the dude I talk with in there. I do know that he was on the Coutry Squire podcast, the Texas pipe show edition. I haven’t been to Habana House in a year or so, which is shame cause they are a block a way from me... I just can’t pay their prices. Pipe world is much more reasonable. I do like everyone at Habana House though, I’ll have to go try to support them soon... though I still need to support myself and my daughter so I can’t do too much supporting. Ha!

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Received my order, finally. Excited about all the new tobaccos I am going to try in the coming days.
1 oz - PS LBF
1 oz - PS LNF
1 oz - PS LTF
1 oz - Comoy’s Cask #4
1 oz - Newmistrer‘s #400 Navy Flake
1 oz - Sutliff’s Match Victorian
1 oz - C&D’s Autumn Evening
1 oz - Arango’s Supreme Balkan

and MM Mark Twain cob, which I think I will dedicate to VAs and VaPers.
0B3D7876-AC94-4BAD-873D-3701FD289C8E.jpeg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Received my order, finally. Excited about all the new tobaccos I am going to try in the coming days.
1 oz - PS LBF
1 oz - PS LNF
1 oz - PS LTF
1 oz - Comoy’s Cask #4
1 oz - Newmistrer‘s #400 Navy Flake
1 oz - Sutliff’s Match Victorian
1 oz - C&D’s Autumn Evening
1 oz - Arango’s Supreme Balkan

and MM Mark Twain cob, which I think I will dedicate to VAs and VaPers.
View attachment 42534
Good sampler. LNF, Newminster 400, and Balkan Supreme are staples for me.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Once again, I said I wasn’t going to buy any more tobacco for a while, and once again the specials and rare restocks got me! ?
Bought a couple tins of Golden Days of Yore (honestly it was the sauce that Jeremy Reeves was cooking in that YouTube video that tempted me), a couple tins of SG 1792 Flake, a tin of SG Brown No 4 Twist, a tin of SG Black XX Twist, and a tin of Warhorse Bar. And another cob. ?‍♂️

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Once again, I said I wasn’t going to buy any more tobacco for a while, and once again the specials and rare restocks got me! ?
Bought a couple tins of Golden Days of Yore (honestly it was the sauce that Jeremy Reeves was cooking in that YouTube video that tempted me), a couple tins of SG 1792 Flake, a tin of SG Brown No 4 Twist, a tin of SG Black XX Twist, and a tin of Warhorse Bar. And another cob. ?‍♂️
These restocks are probably going to get me too when the Gawith arrives at my preferred online retailer. A part of me hopes they are sold before I can get any.....

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Was recreantly blessed with some aged Peter Heinrich's special Curly. It was such a delight. Truly an elegant smoke. I purchased 200 oz for the cellar. Goodbye for now and see you in hopefully ten years.View attachment 42687
How aged was the stuff you tried? I still haven’t tried this blend but I’ve been holding on to a 200 gram tin that SPC gifted me in November of 2010. Looking forward to trying it, I may just open it in November. I am worried that it may be dried out though as it was in a different tin at the time, the top just has a foil seal on it... hope that it’s enough to keep it in good condition. We’ll see soon enough.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
How aged was the stuff you tried?

It was a tin from 2006. Quinton Wells, President of the Greater Kansas City Pipe Club amongst many others things, very generously shared with anyone interested in trying at our last club meeting. I do hope your tobacco made it through and smokes as wonderfully as what we smoked. I’d love to hear your take.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It was a tin from 2006. Quinton Wells, President of the Greater Kansas City Pipe Club amongst many others things, very generously shared with anyone interested in trying at our last club meeting. I do hope your tobacco made it through and smokes as wonderfully as what we smoked. I’d love to hear your take.
It’s good to hear that this ages well, I’m looking forward to it but trying not to get my hopes up in case the tin didn’t keep its seal. I will definitely be posting about it once I open it... assuming all goes well! It’s basically the first tin that started my cellar. I had no idear what it was when I got it back then but the PH tobaccos have definitely gotten much more popular since then.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
A tin of 2017 Vintage Syrian. I started after Syrian Latakia was off the shelves, so this is the only way I’ll get to try it.

I’m not expecting anything in particular, I just want to know what the differences were between Syrian and Cyprian. I guess just to have the experience.

Jun 9, 2018
England
A tin each of:

Wessex Brown Virginia Flake
Wessex Sovereign
Wessex Campaign Dark flake all from 2013
2014 Christmas Cheer
1983 Mcranies Red Flake

All bought from forum member tozer

One of the tobaccos I ordered he didn't have anymore so he swapped it out for something else. I was quite happy with this but he also threw in 55g of 10 year old Cornell and Diehl Red Virginia Ribbon?IMG_20200923_174312.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.