PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Random survey for the forum - do you love or hate rain?
I had a conversation with couple guys at work last week, and it seems to be a common consensus - many people hate rain. It seems like almost anybody I ask, they can't stand rainy days.
I was scared of bad storms as a kid. We got really bad storms on the farm lands of South GA. Not so bad now that we live in the mountains. But oddly enough, now I prefer a rainy day or strong storms over any other weather besides an early spring morning. Rain to me is just comfort - calm, peaceful, tranquil, almost meditative. A pipe really enhances the enjoyment also.

I'm curious (while I smoke this bowl of Vauen VA on my porch in a storm) if it's actually that common for people to hate Rain.
20230701_185016.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I enjoy seasonal rhythms. Here in southern Oregon we get hella rain from Nov-March and hella sunshine from May-September. I like having a rainy season just as much as I like having a sunny season. We don’t get those 2pm thunderstorms y’all get out east throughout the summer so rain out here is kind’ve all or nothing.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
I love rain, even the heavy stuff, but hate driving in heavy rain. Also hate having to wipe my glasses off, which is the entire reason that I took to wearing a fairly wide-brimmed hat when there's anything but clear skies in the forecast.

My favorites are rain from a clear sky ("sun shower", "the devil beating his wife", "fox rain", whatever else people call it) and the real heavy stuff that grandpa used to call a gully washer.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Gray skies and humidity annoys, but at least I don’t have to water the garden. The humidity is not only uncomfortable but it takes longer to dry my tobaccos for optimal burn. Plus I like to run and bike. Rainy days pretty much limit me to hikes or indoor stuff. It does look like a rainy week ahead. I am wondering what the Farmers Almanac says as far as general trend in the Mid-Atlantic, but this is the first year I didn’t buy one.

Reactions: JOHN72
I mean… it’s not like my opinion’s gonna make it not rain. But, I can like a rain, especially on the beach, mountains… hell, I guess anywhere is fine.

Just before I posted, I had to take the sunshades down over the pool. Got wet, but I’m usually wet when I come back in from the pool. But, we just just got a gully washer.

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
Random survey for the forum - do you love or hate rain?
I had a conversation with couple guys at work last week, and it seems to be a common consensus - many people hate rain. It seems like almost anybody I ask, they can't stand rainy days.
I was scared of bad storms as a kid. We got really bad storms on the farm lands of South GA. Not so bad now that we live in the mountains. But oddly enough, now I prefer a rainy day or strong storms over any other weather besides an early spring morning. Rain to me is just comfort - calm, peaceful, tranquil, almost meditative. A pipe really enhances the enjoyment also.

I'm curious (while I smoke this bowl of Vauen VA on my porch in a storm) if it's actually that common for people to hate Rain.
View attachment 230907
Love the rain. Especially like smoking on the front porch when it’s raining.