PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
What’s everyone using for pipe polish without power tools.
there used to be A great product from Walkers that was soft, you could apply with your fingers, let sit for a few minutes, then buff with a soft cloth.
I do realize there’s Carnuba wax is very hard, you need a dremel or high speed drill etc etc. all for the pros.
This stuff was so convenient and I’m down to the last bit in the jar. Need a few ideas. Thanks all.
-Bill
Five ounces of pure, cosmetic grade beeswax costs less than $8 and is a lifetime supply of polishing wax for pipes.

While you are ordering that, include 8 ounces of pure grapeseed oil, for another $8.

Then you are done, finished, set for life keeping your briar pipes as new.

Use a tiny bit of grapeseed oil to restore luster, then polish with beeswax.

The Lee in this photo was born before I was, and I’m old enough for Medicare next year.:)

3A08AC7E-2BEE-481F-AF47-D477F3CB7E08.jpeg

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
Five ounces of pure, cosmetic grade beeswax costs less than $8 and is a lifetime supply of polishing wax for pipes.

While you are ordering that, include 8 ounces of pure grapeseed oil, for another $8.

Then you are done, finished, set for life keeping your briar pipes as new.

Use a tiny bit of grapeseed oil to restore luster, then polish with beeswax.

The Lee in this photo was born before I was, and I’m old enough for Medicare next year.:)
Thanks for the links.

Doesn’t the organic oil turn rancid?
Which I believe is the main argument against using olive oil.

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
You can use a large, long bristled horsehair brush to do a very nice polishing job. Buffers are nice, but if you don't have the space or cash for one, the brush is a nice alternative. Bigger brushes are nicer than the tiny ones. You can really get a nice, long swipe on the briar and not have to worry about banging into it. Polish it like a shoe. I use one with HII. But I also don't care for a mirror finish. I think it looks plasticy. *let the HII harden overnight to get to its full hardness before using a brush.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Let us know if you receive it so we can re-order. Thank you.
Well, Hillcrest.

We are fast approaching the end of December, I ordered the waxes from Fine Pipes in October 11th. Not received anything from Fine Pipes and no replies to an email.

I had started a thread asking about Fine Pipes, but there wasn't any followers.

I guess that I should get my money back from PP.

• Sad
Reactions: Briar Tuck

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Well, Hillcrest.

We are fast approaching the end of December, I ordered the waxes from Fine Pipes in October 11th. Not received anything from Fine Pipes and no replies to an email.

Well, grapeseed oil is still cheap.

And they deliver fast.

It works.

91C35B82-5DB9-4710-A21B-12BCC1B01819.jpeg

And what grape seeds are used for oil, instead of wine, might save some boy from heartache.:)

No waxy residue either, the excess just wipes right off.

Try some. One bottle will still be polishing the pipes of your great grandsons yet unborn.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Well, Hillcrest.

I put in an inquiry to PP and they received no response so they refunded my money automatically. I ordered DeCatur and Renaissance off ebay and received it in 3 days and am very happy with them as they can be used for more than just pipes. The polishing cloth @chasingembers recommends works well too and can be easily purchased in most local stores. I read that the elderly gentleman from FP moved during fall and I suspect there may be other issues as well. Hopefully he or someone will re-start his business in the Spring or next year.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I put in an inquiry to PP and they received no response so they refunded my money automatically. I ordered DeCatur and Renaissance off ebay and received it in 3 days and am very happy with them as they can be used for more than just pipes. The polishing cloth @chasingembers recommends works well too and can be easily purchased in most local stores. I read that the elderly gentleman from FP moved during fall and I suspect there may be other issues as well. Hopefully he or someone will re-start his business in the Spring or next year.
Thanks Hillcrest.
When I posted yesterday, I took a look at my orders from FP, it said "processing", so from what you have said here above, that figures.
Hope the gentleman is alright.