PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodrow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2018
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
What’s everyone using for pipe polish without power tools.
there used to be A great product from Walkers that was soft, you could apply with your fingers, let sit for a few minutes, then buff with a soft cloth.
I do realize there’s Carnuba wax is very hard, you need a dremel or high speed drill etc etc. all for the pros.
This stuff was so convenient and I’m down to the last bit in the jar. Need a few ideas. Thanks all.
-Bill

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I use Howard Wax-It-All. This is a mixture of carnauba, beeswax, and mineral oil. It is all food grade. It won't make your pipes shiny, but will give a soft matte finish. Works on vulcanite stems too, to prevent oxidation. Great stuff, and not fussy.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I’m hearing Paragon and Halcyon II. But I’m having trouble sourcing, at least on google.
Some etailors appear to be out. I can source renaissance. Lots of pictures of Paragon jars but can’t find any.
Renaissance is very much like Halcyon II and I wouldn't be surprised if Halcyon II is Renaissance plus a bit of other stuff. But Paragon seems to be qualitatively different from both Renaissance and Halcyon II and leaves a harder and longer lasting wax layer on the pipe.

Samuel Goldberger, who makes Paragon and Halcyon II has been selling them for years on ebay but I see that his shop there is empty and that he's had recent negative feedback about delivery. He has a website, finepipes.com, with a listed email address. You can order through the site but I personally would contact him first.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just to make it clear the Paragon is for smooth surface pipes and Halcyon II is for your rusticated pipes.
You can use Halcyon II on both rusticated and smooth pipes. Paragon is not advised for blasts or rusticated pipes because it's difficult to avoid a whitish build up in the crevices.
I've used both for years and am very happy with the results, but I don't follow the instructions. I don't use a soft cloth for final polishing. I rub the polish with my hands and let the friction between the polish on the pipe and the residue on my hands deliver a glass like finish.

Aug 1, 2012
I’m hearing Paragon and Halcyon II. But I’m having trouble sourcing, at least on google.
Some etailors appear to be out. I can source renaissance. Lots of pictures of Paragon jars but can’t find any.
I got mine off of eBay but for some reason they seem to be out at the moment.