PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
In 2009 my father-in-law passed away. He was a veteran of WW2; fought in the Pacific. In any event, I looked down my nose at the PA he smoked. I tried for years to "open his eyes" by giving him gifts of much higher quality tobacco and pipes to smoke. I wanted him to "see the light" of a higher quality smoking experience. But it was always PA and a "drug store" pipe. About a year after his funeral (he died on his 90th Bday - so much for his pipe killing him) I found a 14oz tin of PA in the Military BX where I served, marked with a clearance price of $15! So I bought it and smoked a bowl in honor of him. Wow, I actually liked it! I don't smoke it regularly, but its among my blends. I wish now I had shared a bowl with him while we sat on the porch enjoying our day.
There was a time when I tried to "expose" my dad and friends to some "better" choices. I've since learned to appreciate sitting in a dive bar in Bombay Beach at the Salton Sea drinking PBR or a Coors Light at a roadhouse eating a greasy hamburger and washing it down with a Coors Light.It's the company I am keeping that is important. People who neither judge or require me to do as they do. It took a while, but I even appreciate the women with the gold "teeths", LOL. So lets light up our corn cobs and have a smoke of good o' PA while we can.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
My supply of antique PA is dwindling, and I don't even have any new PA on hand currently. I never thought I would need to stock up on codger blends, but a lot of them are out of stock right now. I haven't even tried all of them yet, I just assumed they would always be available. Not smart, I learned in grade school what happens when you assume.

View attachment 64209

Yep.. I did the same thing. I figured I could wait to really stock up. I'm down to about a pound. After that... that's all she wrote.

PapeChulo

Lurker
Oct 27, 2020
The PA short squeeze is about to happen. Great googly moogly! Invest in PA and in 2 years you'll be able to sell it for 180 a tub.
So when you open these older tins of PA do you get a strong vinegary smell? I have a few of them and when I open them that smell is very pungent and distracts from the smoke experience. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.