PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a somewhat ardent burley smoker. I like it as a base tobacco, as single leaf, in English blends, and so on. But I just don't get much burley satisfaction with PA. I sort of think I should like it. Sometimes it has been an amusing change of pace. But it is just not something I buy. Still, it hangs on into time, so I credit it that.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
No shit.. If you don't buy a few tubs of Velvet now you'll miss your chance. A guy at the local B&M told me that last week.. so there it is.

tumblr_mk5zzohebu1r3smugo1_500.gif

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Remember guys, we still have not received an official statement from Middleton/Altria/Philip Morris, nor have we gotten a insiders' confirm/deny from our trusted friend @shaneireland. So while the picture looks bleak from all perspectives, let us not jump to premature conclusion - as obvious as it may seem - until we actually get the word.

Just my 2 cents - Sherm Natman

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Remember guys, we still have not received an official statement from Middleton/Altria/Philip Morris, nor have we gotten a insiders' confirm/deny from our trusted friend @shaneireland. So while the picture looks bleak from all perspectives, let us not jump to premature conclusion - as obvious as it may seem - until we actually get the word.

Just my 2 cents - Sherm Natman

She's gone my friend... she ain't coming back.. you can sit on the porch and watch the road, but that shits over.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
She's gone my friend... she ain't coming back.. you can sit on the porch and watch the road, but that shits over.
Well that may be true; but, like our friend @edger postulated before, there is a chance someone like STG or Sutliff could pick up the formula and trademarks from Middleton and begin producing PA - after all, that how Middleton got PA from R.J.Reynolds back in 1987.

For now, I'll leave the light on; until confirmation comes... one way, or the other. - Sherm Natman

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I was thinking that maybe it was sort of like what happened to angler's dream we we ended up waiting around for it a while until they got around to making it again. Limited workers, lets have them work on the products that make us lots of money, and we will get around to making PA again when everyone is vaccinated and we have full number of employees again.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I spoke with the manager at a local Low Bob’s Tobacco and she said that she had been trying to order both Prince Albert and Carter Hall for several weeks and cannot get a straight answer from her distributor. I then went to every tobacco store in my area and both blends were completely gone. Sorry fellas.

Reactions: Grangerous

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I knew I had some PA someplace! I finally found it literally in the back of my tobacco cabinet under an old half & half decanter.

I found a new unopened box of PA and Carter Hall. Both boxes still have the cellophane wrappers.
I have most of an open tub of Carter Hall I have been working on slowly.

I have a local source for a tobacco that I always thought was pretty much PA. I went and got some last week, and as best I can tell it is pretty close. Close enough that I am afraid to open the real thing to find out how wrong I am...

Never thought I would one day be saving PA for a special occasion, it was my grandfathers daily for decades.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I knew I had some PA someplace! I finally found it literally in the back of my tobacco cabinet under an old half & half decanter.

I found a new unopened box of PA and Carter Hall. Both boxes still have the cellophane wrappers.
I have most of an open tub of Carter Hall I have been working on slowly.

I have a local source for a tobacco that I always thought was pretty much PA. I went and got some last week, and as best I can tell it is pretty close. Close enough that I am afraid to open the real thing to find out how wrong I am...

Never thought I would one day be saving PA for a special occasion, it was my grandfathers daily for decades.
The world is getting strange indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.