PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Mike we are holding you your daughter and family in our prayers and thoughts. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Richard

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
She and your family will be in my prayers. I hope everything works out well and she has a quick recovery.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
All my fingers and toes crossed for her and your family, sending our best wishes and hopes.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Hi Mike. We don't know each other yet, but as a father of two girls, one grown and the other 8yrs old, I want to reach out to you and put my hand on your shoulder while joining you in prayer for your young one. May the lord heal her and watch over the emotional and physical needs of your entire family. In Christ's name we ask this. Amen.
Geoffry

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Mike:
I will say a prayer for your daughter and her recovery as well as one for you and your wife as I know you both are worried. Keep your thoughts positive and share updates with us as available.
Doug

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Mike: I am a father of three daughters. I know despair and heartache. Each time, I have trusted in the Lord. With God, all things are possible. I believe that.
You, your wife and daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
With many many thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers, we made it through the day successfully. Her operation lasted a bit longer than expected and today literally felt like the longest day of my life. We did have a rough period there coming out of the anathesia. The combo of the medications and stress on her little body resulted in her having some scary hallucinations for a bit causing her some uncomfortable anxiety. Thankfully she stabilized and this passed allowing her to get some rest. Scary time to say the least.
Despite the lengthy removal process, her nuero surgeon was happy with the outcome. She went through the process with little to no complication despite some disruption to the brain stem area. As a result her eye alignment and vision are a little wonky but he expects that to only be a temporary side effect. The rest of her functions appear normal and for that we are incredibly grateful. Although we are a few days from the full pathology report, the initial impression he gave us was very positive (well as positive as one can be when dealing with a brain tumor) though of course that comes with the disclaimer that nothing is final yet. Those results will ultimately give us a clearer picture of what her future treatment looks like. For now we'll be optimistic.
My family and I are overwhelmed with the support we've received. Her Facebook page has been followed by over 1700 people and we are getting bombarded with messages of prayerful support from people all over the country that we've never met. I showed my wife this thread and we can't thank all of you guys enough for the kind words.
Though we have a long road ahead, I'm just grateful to have her back safely as I sit here beside her bed watching her sleep. Not to mention this great forum to poke around on my phone and keep my mind occupied for a bit :)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is awesome news! Very good to hear that it is going well so far. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. All the best to you all. :D

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm glad you got to bring your daughter home with a more healthy prognosis than she had yesterday morning.

I can imagine your emotional state and I understand your restrained sense of success.

In the meantime....WHOOPIEEE! Sounds pretty good so far!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Mike, we continue to hope for the best for you all. Thank your for sharing the update on your daughter. I hope you can get some rest in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.