PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
Dec 16, 2018
'In late 2018 we got samples from a Chinese maker which were exact replicas of the original tin. They sealed well (I still have some of their samples, still properly sealed) and did not buckle. They certainly did not need cardboard inserts or plastic over wraps in order to pretend to be sealed. These sealed! Before I left all details were given to the new people for them to act upon. When I left Samuel Gawith tobaccos were still being packed in Glud and Marstrand tins and were properly sealed'.

Interesting.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I
I’m refering to the person who handles their social media.
Think we ought to have left her out of this. We know her perspective after having read it over and over on social media. What we have now, thankfully, is the perspective from someone who was there and who had firsthand knowledge of the situation. Seems like at this point everyone can draw their conclusions based on the differing viewpoints on the table.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I

Think we ought to have left her out of this. We know her perspective after having read it over and over on social media. What we have now, thankfully, is the perspective from someone who was there and who had firsthand knowledge of the situation. Seems like at this point everyone can draw their conclusions based on the differing viewpoints on the table.
Ought to have left her out?
She started this. She is the instigator.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In 2018 the then Managing Director was “moved” and things immediately began to change. The methods of production that had stood the brand in good stead for over 200 years and bred success, was called into question and declared “wrong”!

Wow, big coincidence that it was 2018. Why does that year sound so familiar?🤔