PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Yeh, I wonder why the ropes are becoming so rare. Are retailers just not stocking them? They weren't ever that plentiful to begin with. And, demand... I would think more guys would tend towards the plugs over ropes.
I'm no expert here. But to my understanding the rope are dang near self contained. I mean historically speaking of rope, they're kind of almost designed in a way to be preserved or aged, kept for the long haul. Much can be said for the plug also I guess.

Heck, maybe there isn't much demand for ropes, I don't know.

I

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
I'm no expert here. But to my understanding the rope are dang near self contained. I mean historically speaking of rope, they're kind of almost designed in a way to be preserved or aged, kept for the long haul. Much can be said for the plug also I guess.

Heck, maybe there isn't much demand for ropes, I don't know.

I

The problem is they look like poop turds. Sorry but someone had to say it. ??

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
GH ropes are actually pretty easy to find. I don't think I've ever seen them OOS at Boswell's. And storyteller's, Watch City and KBV had them for most of the last year. Plugs are harder, except PPP.

Reactions: J.GANDY and logs

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Rope doesn't really sell too fast. It's a specialty item that many dealers won't carry. But those that do usually have some on hand. It's more a matter of what flavor you're looking for. You can't be too picky and may have to take what you can find.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Rope doesn't really sell too fast. It's a specialty item that many dealers won't carry. But those that do usually have some on hand. It's more a matter of what flavor you're looking for. You can't be too picky and may have to take what you can find.
I agree.

If you are looking for really strong ropes, you might consider doing a Google Search for Cotton Boll Twist or Mammoth Cave. They are multi-use twists that use a lot of rustica tobacco. I love them, but I can also see where most might think they too strong. They put me right to sleep.
But, the places you have to order them from are not the usually online pipe retailers.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
King B Twist. It's not the same or as good as the Gawith ropes.. but I do enjoy it. Seems like I remember you saying you're in GA, if that's the case, you should be able to find King B.. and possibly the other ropes Cosmic mentioned, at the nearest tobacco store.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not to be a bothersome old contrarian, but should we be encouraging the blenders who can't get their product to market? So many fine blends are readily, nearly continuously available. I like the old supply and demand principle when it works. The blenders should be chasing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.