PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Does it say anything below the "Peterson's / Dublin" stamp? It's difficult to see past the camera glare. The pipe could use a little refreshing I think.

Reactions: EduardoSilva

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It’s Republic era, looks like a 69. Better pics of the whole pipe would help.
It does just look that old to me. Totally not worth banking on, but that's the kind of oxidization and patina and sorta worn down rim that seems to be most common from pipes that old. Though I bet if I got scientific about it I'd be more likely to say that's common on pipes that age but also found on newer and much older ones too.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Definitely a Peterson by the look of the angle the stem is fitted to the stummel. Not sure why it's so hard to get that straight, but it seems to be an old Irish tradition from the age of that pipe. Still love Peterson pipes.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Finally getting home and putting on my readers (making out the Republic stamp), I went through my only book, currently in my possession, on Peterson pipes...and a quick search on the web. I couldn't find that band anywhere. This is all that I can collect for now, I'm spent. KIMG3018.JPGScreenshot_20240210-202728.png
(45) Need help with this Peterson :: Pipe Talk :: Pipe Smokers Forums of PipesMagazine.com

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some tips: Those photos need better light, photo'ed on a darkish background, and no hands You need a legible pic of all the nomenclature.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero