PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I love this forum because there are others here fascinated with the wonderful mystery of life.

Those that calculate such things calculate there have been 117 billion living human souls on this planet.

There just had to be the first one.

I wonder how they ever survived, as helpless, naked, puny and weak as we are compared to the animals that would consider us tasty?
"There just had to be the first one".

But where did that so called first one come from?

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: JOHN72

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
What I want to know is who is buying all the tobacco I want?! Given the entire population of earth is relatively insignificant which one of the wretched apes is buying exactly what I’m looking for in large enough quantities everywhere on the damn planet at exactly the same time I’m looking for it that it’s as if it were never made in the first place and … uh, hold on a second…. 🤔

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What I want to know is who is buying all the tobacco I want?! Given the entire population of earth is relatively insignificant which one of the wretched apes is buying exactly what I’m looking for in large enough quantities everywhere on the damn planet at exactly the same time I’m looking for it that it’s as if it were never made in the first place and … uh, hold on a second…. 🤔
Funny post. The universe is a big place. I mean what are the odds a civilization came into existence and that there would be shortages on everyone's favorite pipe tobacco? Some mathematician should try to work out the odds, the number would be bigger than any numbers we could understand.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
"There just had to be the first one".

But where did that so called first one come from?

Regards,

Jay.
Once upon a time I sat out on a hill twenty miles South of Winner South Dakota on a clear, chilly October night and I will never again see more other worlds, or stars, whatever you might call the wonders of the universe.

Beside me in a camp chair was a dear friend who knew I was as much a Christian as he was a stone cold atheist.

The heavenly display was incredible, and the lights of Winner shone across the prairie like diamonds, the only man made lights in the entire circle of our world there that night.

After a while he said to me, that’s all higher mathematics we call physics, the result of an enormous explosion billions of years ago.

I replied, I wonder who lit the fuse.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
They reckon what is current day Ethiopia don’t they?
Apparently that was the centre of the universe, not Burbank California as some here would have you believe.
I get that Simon, (the book The Seven Daughters of Eve by Brian Sykes is well worth reading), I meant our man from Humansville mentions the first person without mentioning the person that gave birth to the first person!

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: simong

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I get that Simon, (the book The Seven Daughters of Eve by Brian Sykes is well worth reading), I meant our man from Humansville mentions the first person without mentioning the person that gave birth to the first person!

Regards,

Jay.
It’s impossible, by accident or evolution, isn’t it?

The whole shooting match of the galaxy is impossible.

Don’t ask me how, but those billions of trillions of stars were designed by a supreme power so vast we can’t imagine it.

Then you might ask who made your God?

The only answer is or can be, God always was and always will be, because God don’t need no rules, you know?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
It’s impossible, by accident or evolution, isn’t it?

The whole shooting match of the galaxy is impossible.

Don’t ask me how, but those billions of trillions of stars were designed by a supreme power so vast we can’t imagine it.

Then you might ask who made your God?

The only answer is or can be, God always was and always will be, because God don’t need no rules, you know?
You forgot to finish your post.

Take it away Johnny…

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Moose in Kansas City???

The only moosii (mooses? meese?) we have in KC are stuffed animals and photos.

I was "continuing" Alaska Dude's post in an imaginary direction, is all. An alternate reality sort of thing. Cuz he DOES have the critters nearby, and they AREN'T afraid to go where humans live.

Example:

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

I was "continuing" Alaska Dude's post in an imaginary direction, is all. An alternate reality sort of thing. Cuz he DOES have the critters nearby, and they AREN'T afraid to go where humans live.

Example:

I met one on a trail once when I was alone in WY (Tetons). Just his head was a big as me (I was skinny then, though)! I got off the trail and kept a big tree between us as he walked by. I'd swear he was smiling at me!

• Haha

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

Hey! Whatcha mean? You gotta whole dang lodge full!

BTW, "The only correct plural of moose is moose. Sometimes, people add an s to moose, but that is incorrect. Moose derives from Algonquian, a Native American language. It kept the same plural ending it had in its original language instead of adopting the normal s ending of most English plurals."

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
There may never have been any moose in Missouri but Lewis and Clark relied on hunting parties to supply the Corps of Discovery with incredible amounts of elk and deer every day in Missouri. They must have had no fear of humans, and stood there like cattle to be shot with muzzle loaders.

Then about a century later the last wild elk in Missouri wondered into Stockton Missouri, just a few miles as the crow flies from our family farm near Bug Tussle.

The townspeople shot it, of course, just to look at an elk.

Man is the apex predator because the first man simply had to have weapons. Otherwise he’d have been lunch.

He had to have a fish hook, too. Otherwise he’d not been able to fish.

So the first man, and there irreducibly had to be that first, and only man in the world lived in a paradise where all he had to do was hunt, fish, and gather fruits and grains.

He must have had it made.

Then he got lonesome.

There wasn’t anybody to talk to.

Nobody to keep him warm at night.

So one morning he woke up and beside him was a woman.

She probably almost got him killed, but she was worth it, he thought.

The exact details of the Genesis of mankind are likely forever lost to the mists of time.

But it simply has to have happened something on the order of the old, old story, you know?

• Love