Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t approach me very often I have been told that I do not look very friendly to dam intimidating. Most of the staff at my daughters schools are scared of me. I am not a bad guy but I guess all the scars and tattoos and beard scare people my wife says I am just a big teddy bear but what does she know. And they have never found the bodies so I am a totally nice guy
Maybe you need a straw hat.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
So if I see someone buying the same toilet paper I use i should engage a wiping technique conversation.

I've never felt better since the social distancing practice came into play.

?‍♂️
Only if they are buying a different paper brand should you inquire. ...lol.

so, I figured my comment would have been intuitive with no need of explanation, but I can see you need one. People tend to associate with others who are interested in the same things.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Exactly, I didn’t list the great experiences I’ve had meeting people, because the post was about etiquette. But, I had a lady in New Orleans who just sat next to me and started telling me her life story. It was great, because she never expected me to speak also. I find that most people are willing to talk to someone smoking a pipe, and the best are the ones who don’t expect me to interrupt them. I actually thought it would make a great detective story. Have a detective who just sets around crime scenes smoking a pipe, and people just set down next to them and start giving away free clues.
Most pipe tobacco smells great, especially Virginias and VaPers which I get the most compliments on, so it makes sense that people would want to smell it and let their minds wonder.
Pipe smokers are great listeners.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I'm just as anti-social when smoking a pipe as I am when not smoking a pipe. It takes a lot for me to even give anyone a chance to talk to me in public. And I try not to ever smoke in public.
I can identify......... I have a couple of black German Shepherd Dogs that are trained as personal security dogs and one or the other goes with me almost everywhere and when I am going through training routines at a park or walking down a crowded street, or sitting at an outdoor coffee shop, people can't help walking up to me with the strangest comments and weirdest questions. I can imagine how it would be if I were smoking a pipe at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.