PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just for fun, what sort of person would you associate with one of the traditional pipe shapes? My great variety of pipe shapes might indicate a severe case of multiple personality, and I guess many of us with lots of pipes would be. So we have to imagine that a person smokes mostly one shape.

For example, a person who smokes mostly bulldogs is a sturdy, truculent, determined individual who makes a good living running his own business but is a little tone deaf about human relations. He thinks he knows the right car to own and the right thing to have for breakfast, and thinks anyone who does otherwise is somewhat deficient.

How about straight billiards, bent billiards, pots, Dublins, authors, diplomats, pokers, Rhodesians, prince, tomato, apple, Hungarian, yacht, scoop, freehand, and others? But just one personality profile for each shape. Pipe shapes as astrological signs.

Straight billiards reminds me of one of my uncles who loved those. He would set on his tractor, pack, light, and savor for a second before talking prices on livestock feed, or wages, or doing business over a tractor wheel. But, they also bring to mind old England to me, gentlemen, the educated class, etc...

Lanky dublins remind me of a strand of hay in someone's teeth as they kick back on a bail of hay, passing some time, being lazy. A simple bent funnel for smoking. Taking it easy, so to say...

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Really large pipes are smoked by folks who have no other way to feel noticed, except perhaps by making a show of their industriousness in some other activity nobody cares about. They always felt like they didn't matter. They are either physically extra-large, or below average, but not 'small' per se, as that would have gotten them noticed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tomato shape pipe smokers are a little plump, intensely sociable, with a droll surprising sense of humor, and though they are mostly conventional in dress can occasionally show up in a beret with a pompom on top. They live fairly simply but seem to require leasing a jet and pilot from time to time, why nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.