PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The 'S' word is not only a pronoun, it is a noun, describing word and adjective. Without it and its brother the 'F' word some of us would be totally dumb struck and certainly speechless and incapable of any form of conversation, myself included! rotf
Well, that's worrisome! When we consider that the average commoner in Shakespeare's time had a much ample vocabulary that to-day's average university graduate...

Take heart, there are other offensive words we can use: rampallian, grobian, swab, lawyer...

I have this Shakespearean insult script on my IRC bot spewing some interesting muck—jarring idle-headed giglet, lumpish dismal-dreaming apple-john, frothy rude-growing varlot.... The possibilities seem endless!! ?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The 'S' word is not only a pronoun, it is a noun, describing word and adjective. Without it and its brother the 'F' word some of us would be totally dumb struck and certainly speechless and incapable of any form of conversation, myself included! rotf

You're shitting me! It's also a verb. And you're right, without those words, some would be unable to express any emotion.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Bullroar! I've read enough of your effing posts to see you write like a gentleman. Perhaps your speech has a different tenor!

It's easy to refrain in written words, but the spoken word is entirely different. Certain words have become so ingrained in my vocabulary that they just come out in normal conversation.

When I am speaking in certain situations, I must be very mindful of what I say to make sure none of those types of words sneak their way out of my mouth. To say that I cuss like a sailor would be an understatement :).

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.