Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like a Hawaiian pizza with mikes hot honey drizzled over it. Another thing Canadian’s invented was American cheese lol.
Mike's hot honey is a legitimate condiment that is excellent on pizza and fried chicken, but doesn't have the recognition of other major players. It's pretty good on pork chops too.

The hot honey adds a nice spice (think crushed red pepper) with a sticky sweetness and plays well with salty and fatty flavors.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Lots of pizza made here isn't "authentic". I don't care. Pizza can be many, many things to different people. I like Armenian pizza topped with minced lamb. Why limit yourself?
Lahmajoon is delicious and easier to make than I initially thought. You can make variations of this Armenian meat pizza, such as using tortillas or wantons for the dough and ground beef instead of lamb.

It was a treat growing up and is difficult if you make your own dough. However, a lot of middle eastern grocers now sell decent versions for a reasonable price if you don't want to dirty up either your hands or kitchen.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On top of a pizza with standard toppings in big chunks, probably not. But I know there are pizza chefs out there who could accent the pie with a condimental cheese and the right toppings, with the pineapple in small pieces, I'd probably eat the whole pie. It's not just the ingredients.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Pineapple can be delicious on pizza. I prefer grilled pineapple as a topping with a salty ham as companion.
Personal favorite is tomato, garlic and anchovies. With a bottle of manzanilla sherry.
I prefer anchovies in the side. Some places here give you a small 2 ounce ramiken.

When baked in, the pizza becomes like a salt lick. Oily, room temperature anchovies on the side allows the other ingredients to shine as well. Toss those fish on a Caesar salad too.