PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
The only fruit I like on a pizza is frutta de mare.? I say that as I ate one tonight.
Everywhere is different which is great.I once went on a footie trip to Naples after the game our hosts took the team to a Famous Pizza restaurant that sold Pizza by the metre and it was oblong in shape and much thicker than northern Italian Pizza.

Reactions: edger

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
HARD NO.
I remember being in Rome about a dozen years ago and my GF at the time tried ordering a veggie thin crust pizza and the waiter was offended, he said in a very heavy italian accent, but clearly "A salad no go on da pizza, a pizza have a tick crust, tomato sauce, da cheese and da pepperoni, anyting else is no pizza".
I laughed very hard, she got really red in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: timelord

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Life is good. Eat what you like and keep your nose out of other people’s food choices. Not everyone’s senses are tuned to appreciate a meal the way it was intended to be served by a perceived expert or chef. If the intend of serving a great meal is to light up the senses of the one enjoying it, then a chef who fails to make alterations is just hubris and a self absorbed jackass. Meals are meant to be shared with others. Serving a meal that does nothing for the one being served is a failure for the chef, not the one being served. If pineapples light you up, then pineapples it is.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Years ago I ordered a pizza from Little Caesar’s pizza, it was a pineapple and ham pizza. Now, generally I believe, I could be wrong, you don’t have to imply pineapple, ham, and cheese pizza. I told the man on the phone, “ I’d like to order a pineapple and ham pizza for pick up”. I picked the pizza up, went back to the hotel I was staying in, opened the pizza up, and noticed I literally got a pineapple and ham pizza, no cheese. Sauce, ham, and pineapple, is the weirdest pizza I ever ate.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have never understood the seemingly world-wide revulsion to anchovies. Do people get this from TV shows? But, when you cook anchovies on a pizza, they aren't fishy, more a deep savory and salty taste. I love them. And, actually anchovies are in a lot of stuff that I bet you didn't know they were in.
Honestly I think a lot of it comes from places that put too much on it. It's really good when done correctly but if it's put on so it covers every inch it gets gross and surpasses that awesome deep savory salty taste. In fact back in the day when I'd call the local pizza shop I'd ask who was working and most of the people meant not worth ordering anchovies a few meant it will be great.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Your ingredients matter for this to work - you cannot do bullshit canned pineapple - must be fresh, and you have to think of that sugary sweet pineapple - not the tart non-ripe garbage at most groceries. And you can’t do some ding-dong hot BBQ - must be a sweet n’ tangy… and the ham. The ham has to be thin to where it curls up a little and might have some close to burnt edges… but there are two options - a good honey ham or a nice Virginia. One sweet - other salty…nice change-up.

This pizza is even better when you add a nice banana pepper to the mix. Yum.

It’s the Esoterica of pizza. Some people swear by it, some people hate it - and it’s never available! ? only select pizza joints do it well - so, I’d venture to say most people have had garbage pizza with pineapple clouding their judgement.

?