PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
my pipes. I dont have a proper stand yet.

IMG_0369.jpg

they get their own bottle of some awesome sippin' bourbon for sweetness

IMG_0370.jpg

what I'm packin' (the jar is some Gaslight from Strauss Tobacconist)

IMG_0372.jpg

my castello KKKK estate, very cool, i feel guilty having a pipe that nice so early on, but it was a treat to myself after a bonus at work.

IMG_0373.jpg

a christiano dublin (i dont know anything about the company, right price, breaking it in)

IMG_0374.jpg

a graco? nose warmer. this is my cheap pipe that smokes so good that its ridiculous. it will keep anything burning cool and sweet and very minimal relights even from the first bowl. nary' a gurgle either. its my 'car' pipe as it clenches comfortably and stays lit so well also rests in the change tray perfectly.

IMG_0376.jpg

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
thanks guys.
i enjoy the dublins shape, i like small pipes. the break in is kind of kind of an uphill fight right now. its not taking cake very well and its kind of a wet smoker...though breaking it in with an aromatic could be my problem. the stem is very cool, it just doesnt have as big of a button? as i would prefer, this is not a hand free pipe. not complaining, just learning by doing i guess.
I cant wait to get those dunhill's exorcised and get them in the rotation.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
A non aromatic will make break in a bit easier and dryer. You don't want to know what my Dunhill cost me. You will beat your head against the wall.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
haha. i bet. i just need to keep the pipes to a minimum, young and I have a 'collectors' personality.

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Hey Folks, so the wife bought me a graduation gift and I decided to show off the collection while I was taking a picture of the new one.

4585955650_e30eb018f0_o.jpg

Cobs and clays on the right, there's a little devil-faced clay on the jars, a couple of briars, a meerschaum lined briar calabash, and on the right are two clay churchies and a Bjarne churchwarden.
But this is what I get for completing my BA from Washington State University:

4585955622_63c5e59401_o.jpg

4585330299_d9692f8b31_o.jpg

It's a Beckler Bacchus with an amber stem. The guys at Rich's Cigar in Portland OR shipped it up here- I've become a fan as you can see from the picture of the collection.

I just opened the box an hour ago and haven't had a chance to smoke it yet. But it's a fine sight, and it'll remind me both of my lovely wife and my accomplishment.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Congratulations Cobs, on the BA

I wish you all the best.
You had better be good to the better half, she sounds like a keep-her.
If she's half as beautiful as that pipe, your a lucky man.

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Hey guys, first chance I've had to reply because I was gone all weekend. Thanks for the kind words, the Mrs is definitely a keeper.
Richard- those are really nice. That meer is stunning.

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Those are some great photos! It took a while to get through all of these (I finally joined after lurking for a few months, and now that finals are done for the semester...) I don't have anything 'recent' to share here, but I found a picture a friend of mine took at the KC show in 2003. Having the table was nice, but I miss wandering around the tables and hanging out with friends too much to want to do it again, LOL! Any guesses as to who my favorite pipemaker is? :-P
KC Pipe Show Table (2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.