PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Jonesing it was a kit from Pimo. Until I can replace my drill press I'll let them drill 'em for me. I shaped with a dremel and a file set I picked up at home depot. The shaping wasn't to bad, I spend about 4 hours with sand paper though. Here she is with a coat of stain. I need to find carnuaba wax now.

finishedpipe1.jpg

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Holy cow. I'm buying some of that stain. No muss no fuss.
It looks great Sapo. Almost a dead ringer for Peterson Aran color.
Just one application?

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I did two coats jonesing. I used a Q-tip and rubbed it on real fast then wiped after it sat for about a minute. Here is a picture of NUMBER 2 I whittled out today. It needs a big fill in it but I'm more than happy with the results.
carvedpipe2.jpg

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I doubt it Art, The flaw is right at the bend and rather deep. I'm just going to fill it and try to be happy with it. Maybe the fill will irritate me and I will attempt something different.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Is that it in the photo Sapo? Right at the bowl/shank at the top?
Might look cool to put a band of rustication around shank. Anything will work. I've been messing with a wood rasp on a sacrificial goat. Pretty easy to get soem cool patterns.
Or maybe you'd like us all to shut the hell up and let you make your pipe!?!?
You seem to be on quite well without or advice. :>)
RJ

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I started a tread sometime back titled American made pipes, which lead me to a new friend in Pipemaker. Well this past week I received a package from him and it containing the following pipe. He stated that it was one of his early pipes that wasn't good enough to be sold but needed a good home all the same. This little baby will get fired up for the first time this afternoon.
Thank you Pipemaker and you have my address if you ever feel the need to clean off your workbench again.

P1010050.jpg

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm sure he will be chiming in sometime in the near future.
I tell you if I had the talent that some of our members possess I would be starting a thread showing off my work to our large group of potential customers and inviting all of the other pipe makers to join in.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Sapo those pipes are great. I'm making a pipe stand now. You are an inspiration. I don't posses pipe making talent yet but thought I might give a stand a try.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Thank a lot Brazz. Hope all goes well with your stand. I'll post pics of mine when I get them done.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks guys… All three are large pipes, but the poker thing is a handful… literally! I purchased them together on eBay and it was the Stacked Billiard and Poker that caught my eye.
Phil... hope it's okay that I've gone to the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.