ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Dug this up on google
Corn%2Bcob%2Bpipes%2Bfrom%2B1945.jpg

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I've added a few since my orginal post including the Samhain X220B. Sorry Bob but my camera won't focus close enough to get a good picture of the band. I have a extender on order that will allow me to focus down to 2 inches.
I have finally purchased a couple or racks to put them in and got them out of the boxes I used on the road. The racks are 32 place closed hole racks from www.tonyspipesrack.com who I can highly recommend.
http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/ermtony/1965%20Peterson%20Catalogue/
Three best smokers? Hmmm... Looking at my racks, its hard to choose. Picking even one over all the rest is like choosing a favorite child. Whether its my lowly $3.00 cob or my $600 Peterson's gold mounted Supreme, they all have something to recommend them.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Sorry Bob. Try this one.
http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx50/ChuckWright_01/

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
That Samhain is really nice looking!
I like the beefiness of the lower stem and shank. And the grain is really nice as well.
Have you smoked it yet? If so, how does it smoke?

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Yessir, altho it isn't broken in yet, it smokes well. It reminds me of a slightly smaller XL90 Pete. Capacity is about the same as a 307/9S System pipe.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
My latest acquisitions off ebay, My instant fave is the Ben Wade Freehand #100, and there's a new Calabresi Canadian and a selection of new and used Ropps.

DSCN1720.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg

(Fixed photo - Bob)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice additions Jcosmoasp!
I fixed the photo in your first post and deleted the second post since it was the same photo.
When you are using Photobucket, just copy and paste the IMG link from Photobucket into your post. Do not use the img tab here in the forums.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
jcosmoasp,

That sandblasted freehand looks really cool. But is that a p-lip stem? I can't quite make it out in the photo. Were Ben Wade's ever made with a p-lip? I thought that was strictly a Peterson thing. BTW, if that's a Danish Ben Wade, then it's made by Preben Holm, and worth a bundle. The stem just doesn't seem right though. Can you post a picture of the stamping? Depending on your bid, you may have just hit a little jackpot.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
ps. If it is a "Reflection" series pipe, from Holm's Lane Ltd. era, it could be a big jackpot! Those pipes inaugurated the Modern Danish freehand school.

vitorteixeira

Lurker
Jan 23, 2010
Hey guys, what do you think about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170444780609
Won it last night, hoping it'ill be a good smoker.

Would like to hear from you!

Thanks.

Vitor

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Thanks, Kevin, for fixing that post. I did as you suggested the first two tries, but the post only showed "img" or something like that. I then used an alternative link that photobucket provides, and that worked. By then, there were two, as the first try had appeared as well. I'll do it as you suggest in the future. As for the Ben Wade, it was from an estate of a Sacramento fellow (where I live) that was purchased by an ebayer back East. I guess it just wanted to come home! I'll photograph the shank marking and bit tonight and post them. The bit slips onto a middle transition piece, which, in turn, is threaded to an insert in the stem. Don't know if these terms are correct, but I'll show the connections tonight. This pipe is light for it's size, and is just a delight to smoke. I seem to be collecting pipes based on their bowl size lately--large ones for extended smokes, and smaller pipes to use when I have time constraints, and not much in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.