Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
DSC07151-250x74.jpg
My new one .

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Igloo,
There's a pipe/cigar shop owner that I trust in my area who recommends Nordings and claims that a low end Nording will smoke with the best of 'em. (He also says good things about Design Berlin.)
In my pipe dreams, I've told myself that something from the same line as your new pipe would be a good place to start since they look sharp and are priced right.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Fred,
That's one hell of a collection! I've only got two IMP meers, but I love them both. There are some different groups here, (Drug Store, Flake, etc.). If a meerschaum group were to form, you'd surely be the man to run it.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Thanks guys , she is almost 7 inchs long and smokes nice and cool , only 33 grams making this the lightest one I have . Got a good one this time she smokes good .

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks for the kind comments on the Pipes guys! There's more, but I've not been able to get enough time together to post them, yet... I'm the Founder of the All Things Meerschaum Group/Forum on Smoker's Forum, which is currently up to 244 members. It's all about having fun and sharing information. I'm no expert, as I consider myself a student as much as the next in these matters. Besides Meerschaums, I also smoke Mortas and I have a seven day rotation of Cobs. The ATM takes a lot of my time these days, and everyone has an open invitation to join, as it's a public group that doesn't require anything but a desire to learn more about these stone Pipes.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Impressive Meers Fred,

It's good to have a meerschaum aficionado on the site.

We can certainly use some advice on the subject from time to time.

I have two favorites from your collection, the:

Baki's Monarch

and

S.YANIK MEERSCHAUM Pipe KNOT

Which of your meers do you smoke the most/prefer?

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I'm the Founder of the All Things Meerschaum Group/Forum on Smoker's Forum, which is currently up to 244 members.
That's the group I was thinking of when I mentioned making a meer group here. I lurk mostly at SF and there's so many threads and members, I didn't recognize you off the bat.
The ATM group at Smoker's Forum has TONS of information, for anyone who's curious...
All Things Meerschaum Group at Smokers' Forums

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Fred, fantastic collection of meers; and thanks for the major effort to photo and post the pics. I know it can sometimes be a PITA, but we all appreciate it. BTW, I've been keeping an eye peeled for a truly realistic carving of Shakespeare in a bowl size group 4 or a little smaller. Any online links or recommended carvers who do custom work, and are reliable?

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Nice pipe JC.
From Photo Bucket, you can right click on the picture and copy the image location. From there, you click the image button in the reply box and paste the image.
What's easiest is from the album page on Photo Bucket, when you hover the mouse over the picture and the little fields appear, just copy from where it says "IMG Code".

Status
Not open for further replies.