PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Wow, really nice acquisition Juni. I have been wanting to try the Peterson Irish flake and the SG Sam's flake. How do you like those two? I have never tried a flake before and currently only smoke drug store blends :/ so I am hoping to make a trip to a B&M soon to get some tobacco.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Yes, it comes with two stems which was one of the reasons I chose this one. I actually didn't buy it online - I picked it up from a department store. It set me back around 130$. It can be had for cheaper online but then you have to wait for it to ship and I was impatient.
Irish Flake, a mild and gentle blend. Just kidding, it is a true n-bomb but I like the taste of it a lot. People say they get woozy and dizzy from it but it is one of my favorites.
Sam's Flake is amazing, from the aroma in the tin to the taste of it. All around a great smoke. It is sort of old fashioned in a charming way. My better half also likes the room note of it (she hates the smell of Irish Flake though).

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I will have to pickup both of those flakes then. They sound like I would enjoy them. I used to smoke cigarettes and cigars so I love a good nicotine buzz haha and I have been wanting to try Sam's Flake since before I was a pipe smoker. I had seen it at a local B&M when I was buying some cigars and admired the cool tin. I like non-vintage vintage looking things (if that makes sense). Especially the boxes that PA, Half and Half, and other old time drug store tobaccos come in.

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
Sorry I don't mean to dis-rail the thread, but I've heard a few people mention a rotation of their pipes. I was just wondering what the purpose is for that. I asume it's just to use all of your pipes, but is there a functional reason behind this?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I got my second meerschaum, an IMP pipe. It is medium sized, but since I'm so used to bigger pipes it feels small.
5074482564_519d4ea07e_z.jpg

It hasn't started coloring yet since I've only smoked it once (if you compare to the Altinok in the background):
5074482678_f60e57b0f8_z.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Will you guys stop it with the beautiful meerschaums....!

PAD is getting bad...

Got the shakes....

MUST HAVE MEERSCHAUM.....

MUST HAVE....AHHHHHHHHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.