PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
There really isn't anything close to it, but I think you might like C&D Burley Flake #1. It's worth a try, but like I said, it isn't close in the flavor at all.

I mixed some perique (from p&c), Some Ryback, and some straightish virginia (OHM bold). I had a little bit of basma leaf that @logs sent me a while back, I mixed that in too. Just kind eyeballing the proportions. It was ok.. But that perique isn't right. I think with some decent perique, that mixture might at least hit close to the original.

That perique from p&c is weird stuff..

I mixed some perique (from p&c), Some Ryback, and some straightish virginia (OHM bold). I had a little bit of basma leaf that @logs sent me a while back, I mixed that in too. Just kind eyeballing the proportions. It was ok.. But that perique isn't right. I think with some decent perique, that mixture might at least hit close to the original.

That perique from p&c is weird stuff..
I can add latakia to a blend and smoke it right away. I actually prefer it that way. But, perique needs to marry with the other lea fa tad before it even starts to seem like perique. I've gotten some really dry perique before that just didn't blend well. If left like that, it just falls to the bottom of the bowl as you smoke and gives you a nasty finish to a bowl of whatever you added it to.

I want to make a Picayune Twist, or something similar to Picayune, maybe with a touch of cigar leaf for added mouth feel and heaviness to the smoke. I'll call it Picachu Twist, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.