PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Plastic is for yo-yo's and fast food utensils. Good quality vulcanite, accept no substitute. I'll give pass on Castello acrylics, they use the same plastic as Ferrari knobs. Who is smoking a Peterson with out the P-lip? Sacrilege.

The Euro group sold last night. I don't think any smooth pipes were listed.
Who you calling a yo-yo? I’ve been called a mo-mo but never a yo-yo. 😛

I don’t know if I’ll ever drive a Ferrari so I’m happy to smoke a knob.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Did get lucky and grabbed a Rua. Forgot they even released yesterday and almost missed it. I’m a fan of Peterson’s so always try and get a St Patrick’s and a PotY. I will say though, prices are getting to the point where I’m getting a lot more picky on which ones.

IMG_6687.jpeg

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
The overall look of the shape i do like. In fact, I’d say it’s growing on me. I might wind up snagging one. The heritage finish maybe?

Reactions: Nevaditude

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
The overall look of the shape i do like. In fact, I’d say it’s growing on me. I might wind up snagging one. The heritage finish maybe?
Yeah the heritage is great. It works really well with capturing that feel of when the pipe was originally made. I think a dark smooth would've been great but I think they opted for terracotta in place of it on this release.

Reactions: Nevaditude

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
Yeah the heritage is great. It works really well with capturing that feel of when the pipe was originally made. I think a dark smooth would've been great but I think they opted for terracotta in place of it on this release.
The dark smooth finish is one of my favorites. I usually go for that when it's an option. I like terracotta almost as much, which is what I went for in this release. I saw a couple naturals but the price is just getting too dear for me to justify those. There seems to be a 25% price markup on the PoTY models of the same finish versus the Deluxe Classics (at least that's the case for the terracotta finish). I'm sure it's justified by the additional work of one-off nature they do to bring these special models to life (versus a standardly available line where the overhead is long since recouped).

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
I was glad to be able to get a terracotta with some pleasant birdseye grain. I appreciated that there seemed to be many more smooth and higher quality finishes this release versus recent past. It was a much more pleasant shopping experience.

Peterson shape 69 is one of my favorite bent pipe shapes, so I'm really looking forward to trying out this X160 sibling. The swan-like curves on it are beautiful. I really appreciate Peterson's attention to their past with reinstantiating these "lost" shapes from their historic catalogs.

peterson-poty-2023.jpg