PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Thanks for posting this! I’ve been wondering when we were going to see this pipe. It’s got a Barling-esque look to it but without the longer band.

Reactions: Nevaditude

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Here’s the write-up from the Instagram post:

A Peterson pipe is more than a practical tool for enjoying a favourite tobacco; it’s a descendant of a potently historical lineage and stoutly qualified to share daily activities, enhance travels, and adeptly survive the most daring of adventures. Our Pipe of the Year for 2023, the X160, reimagines a historic shape in a variety of striking finishes. This pipe features traditional engineering and our patented P-Lip mouthpiece in jet-black Ebonite, providing a stunning historical link to Peterson’s early years through modern artistry that is scrupulously accurate, highly efficient, and exquisitely timeless, available August 8th. #petersonpipes #petersonpipeoftheyear #pipesmokingcommunity #pipesmokers

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Here’s the write-up from the Instagram post:

A Peterson pipe is more than a practical tool for enjoying a favourite tobacco; it’s a descendant of a potently historical lineage and stoutly qualified to share daily activities, enhance travels, and adeptly survive the most daring of adventures. Our Pipe of the Year for 2023, the X160, reimagines a historic shape in a variety of striking finishes. This pipe features traditional engineering and our patented P-Lip mouthpiece in jet-black Ebonite, providing a stunning historical link to Peterson’s early years through modern artistry that is scrupulously accurate, highly efficient, and exquisitely timeless, available August 8th. #petersonpipes #petersonpipeoftheyear #pipesmokingcommunity #pipesmokers
Curious about the Size; found this article so it looks like a follow up (???):

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Sorry. Skipping out on it. Other than my low rate of smoking now days, as much as I prefer spigot and army, I like special pipes to be traditionally fitted.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Doesn’t do anything for me, I’m afraid. Going to have to ‘Poo-Poo’ any consideration of a purchase.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Does anyone have an original X160 in their vintage collection who could give us dimensions and chamber size ? Just curious. Thank you for any info.
I’m guessing PPN will have a little info about it in tomorrows post, though I’m not sure if dimensions will be included.

Reactions: Hillcrest

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
If it comes in a filtered version I may have to seriously consider it; I have enough non-filtered pipes for several lifetimes. I would have bought a 9bc but no filter.
Looks like it's a possibility but would likely only be available at SPE. A quick search showed me 9mm pipes for the 2018 Hansom, 2019 John Bull, 2020 9BC, 2021 4AB, and 2022 14B. Couldn't find an example for the 2017 with a 9mm filter but they definitely could've been made.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
No acrylic stem offerings? Pass
Another P-lip exclusive? Peterson saves me a lot of greenbacks with theses decisions. And it leaves more for
Ash to clutter his house with!
This ^

I have a Peterson spigot with an acrylic fishtail stem. I'm not a clencher, so I have no interest in having to do extra work to care for ebonite/vulcanite, and I have less than 0 interest in a P-lip. Others like that, and that's fine for them, but I don't.

I've seen plenty of Petersons that look great to me and if I were wealthy and looking, still wouldn't take them. The shapes and finishes I'd most be interested in seem almost always to come exclusively with vulcanite stems and/or P-lips.

Reactions: Zero

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I'll be honest, I have never tried a p-lip stem. I really hate how they look, but reading about how they function, I think I would have similar issues or that it wouldn't work well for me.

That said, I do like the shape of this release and I like the look of the smooth one. I think that's a good looking pipe, it's just not for me for the aforementioned reasons.

Reactions: AroEnglish and Zero