PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If we keep acting like puskins all we are going to have left is Walmart and McDonalds. European restaurants are at 70+% capacity, US is less than 20%. Small business can't operate without revenue no matter what our Government says.
IT'S BECAUSE BABIES HERE DIDN'T AND WANT TO SHUT DOWN AND WON'T WEAR MASKS... WHAT WASN'T AN OPTION OVER THERE????? IT DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
If we keep acting like puskins all we are going to have left is Walmart and McDonalds. European restaurants are at 70+% capacity, US is less than 20%. Small business can't operate without revenue no matter what our Government says.

Are there any agencies that actually enforce any of this stuff?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yes the world has and is changing but it’s not some engineered conspiracy. It’s a lot more simple than that. It’s a network of dipwads and fuckups the world over not being able to band together or even have any type of common sense throughout this whole thing. I wish I could blame it on people being as smart as the conspiracy side suggests, but I highly doubt it. Why? Because people are stupid, and those in power are people. Which, in turn, makes them stupid.
you know one of the things that all conspiracy theories seem to hinge on people being more competent and in control of things then there is any evidence humans have ever even been remotely capable of. But then again we're not really wired to handle the actual chaos of reality too well. So you know in other words we're all a bit closer to falling off that edge then I am comfortable admitting to.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
40h015.jpg

haha yeah it will be over in January when the new dogs step in.
nope. History proves that is something that always happens at times like this. Same stuff happened all over the place with the Spanish flu. So people always the same I guess.

Reactions: logs and BROBS

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I think Americans will soon tell the authorities where to put their masks.
Not because of stupidity, just common sense and that gauche freedom thing.
To the OP, I sympathize with the cafeteria owners and patrons. It may not have been everyone’s cup of tea, but joints like that provide a level of comfort that can’t be quantified.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Because it has all become political, it seems that most opinions are all one way or all another. The answer to anything is never at the extreme. It's in the middle.

It would be great if we could have a total shutdown for a good while, even till we we had a vaccine, but we need to think of the economy.

Some things are no brainers. Outdoor activities wearing masks are uber safe. Retail, due to it's nature, is fairly easy to do safely. It should be only slightly limited.

On the other end of no brainer, large indoor crowds are ridiculous to consider and masks * are * a * no * brainer.

Take your pick as to how safe you think things in the middle of those extremes are. IMO, that would vary as to the situation in the locality where you live.

We did the hard part. We shut down, interrupted the spread to at least an extent. Right now, even if you think that was too much, even if you think it's all a hoax, why wouldn't you do the easiest part and wear a mask... just in case.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Because it has all become political, it seems that most opinions are all one way or all another. The answer to anything is never at the extreme. It's in the middle.

It would be great if we could have a total shutdown for a good while, even till we we had a vaccine, but we need to think of the economy.

Some things are no brainers. Outdoor activities wearing masks are uber safe. Retail, due to it's nature, is fairly easy to do safely. It should be only slightly limited.

On the other end of no brainer, large indoor crowds are ridiculous to consider and masks * are * a * no * brainer.

Take your pick as to how safe you think things in the middle of those extremes are. IMO, that would vary as to the situation in the locality where you live.

We did the hard part. We shut down, interrupted the spread to at least an extent. Right now, even if you think that was too much, even if you think it's all a hoax, why wouldn't you do the easiest part and wear a mask... just in case.
agree 100%. it's because they don't want to accidentally be identified as liberals... with a mask on, who can tell?

Reactions: rushx9
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
If we use the "just in case" logic, then we should wear a mask forever.. and why didn't you guys have one on last year?

There is a big list of bugs and viruses that can kill a person with health issues.. and they do and always have. Did we just discover this amazing technology? I'll leave it there.. I'm sorry I disagree, but we gotta be strong and have faith. There are 1000 ways to die, what difference does it make if there's 1001?

• Love
Reactions: olkofri and jpberg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If we use the "just in case" logic, then we should wear a mask forever.. and why didn't you guys have one on last year?

There is a big list of bugs and viruses that can kill a person with health issues.. and they do and always have. Did we just discover this amazing technology? I'll leave it there.. I'm sorry I disagree, but we gotta be strong and have faith. There are 1000 ways to die, what difference does it make if there's 1001?
Because until the virus has been around long enough to mutate into a virus more akin to the common cold... it’s highly unpredictable and dangerous much more so than a cold or flu. They are not even comparable and to do so is flawed logic and to deny science and medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.