PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
some of you fellas have drank so much of that kool-aid that you feel like you can't turn back now. I understand that, I support you guys doing what makes you feel safe.

If you're at a high risk.. just avoid restaurants. You do not have to put them out of business!
Yeah you’re drinking that Bible Belt kool-aid bro and you don’t even know it. You got teabag party written all over your posts man.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
some of you fellas have drank so much of that kool-aid that you feel like you can't turn back now.

Reducing it to nothing more than kool-aid is a bit pejorative. I know five people who've got the virus so far. Two got sick for a couple weeks and recovered, two others went through hell and are still having residual health problems and the fifth one died in the hospital. There was nothing special about them, they just got unlucky. If you suspect I'm afraid, you're right. I am afraid. That could be me, there's no reason why not.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Reducing it to nothing more than kool-aid is a bit pejorative. I know five people who've got the virus so far. Two got sick for a couple weeks and recovered, two others went through hell and are still having residual health problems and the fifth one died in the hospital. There was nothing special about them, they just got unlucky. If you suspect I'm afraid, you're right. I am afraid. That could be me, there's no reason why not.

I'm sorry about your loss logs. I respect your fear of something that has hit home for you. It's rational to be afraid of something that has killed a friend. If you are afraid of being infected, you certainly shouldn't go to a restaurant. If I thought something out there was going to kill me, I wouldn't leave the house at all.

My point is If you are literally scared of dying, would the mask make any difference? Would that be enough to make you feel safe?

Reactions: logs

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I'm sorry about your loss logs. I respect your fear of something that has hit home for you. It's rational to be afraid of something that has killed a friend. If you are afraid of being infected, you certainly shouldn't go to a restaurant. If I thought something out there was going to kill me, I wouldn't leave the house at all.

My point is If you are literally scared of dying, would the mask make any difference? Would that be enough to make you feel safe?
The point is that selfish dicks make it so people who are higher risk or worried can’t go out. Say Logs was a poor old man with no car and no family.. no internet.. no cell phone. What is he supposed to do for groceries? What about cleaning supplies? What about his prescription? People without masks spewing spittle everywhere keep them from being safe. You’re endangering not just yourself but others. That’s the point. Restaurants aren’t even part of the equation but you’ve got a huge hard on for them. Fuck restaurants they are unnecessary.

Reactions: rushx9

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You’re basically saying “I love risky behavior and have nary a care for others... Hey others.. go fuck yourselves! I don’t feel scared or at risk so I have no respect for those who do.”

Do you go for checkups at the doctor? Survey says most people anti-mask don’t. Same type of people who could have a cancerous lesion on their face and “wait it out”.

If it’s so hard for your to breathe with the mask on, imagine when you catch COVID.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So in other words people: go ahead and don’t wear your mask but stay the fuck out of sensible people’s way then. You’re the minority.. and the ones who are wrong on this. The only way to think you’re right is to be so selfish, ignorant, and blind that you truly can’t grasp the concept of what’s happened.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
The point is that selfish dicks make it so people who are higher risk or worried can’t go out. Say Logs was a poor old man with no car and no family.. no internet.. no cell phone. What is he supposed to do for groceries? What about cleaning supplies? What about his prescription? People without masks spewing spittle everywhere keep them from being safe. You’re endangering not just yourself but others. That’s the point. Restaurants aren’t even part of the equation but you’ve got a huge hard on for them. Fuck restaurants they are unnecessary.

The thread is about a restaurant. Ask the people who work at them.. or the owners who make a living that way, if they're necessary.

Reactions: jpberg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And this has nothing to do with politics and 100% only to do with public health.. which is why it’s so ridiculous in my mind that it’s even an issue for anyone.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019

No a mask doesn't make me individually safe or even feel safer, that much is true. I used to think masks were pointless until I read the research. The argument for masks is in aggregate they lesson transmission in the entire population. Meaning, if you get enough people to wear masks the levels of transmission go down 30 or 40 percent, maybe more. One person wearing a mask accomplishes little. 200 hundred million people wearing masks has a measurable effect. That's the reason I wear one, not because I think I'm bulletproof with a mask on. If I want to feel safe, I isolate. I stay home. It's fucking boring as shit but staying home is the primary way I reduce my personal risk until there's a proper anti-virus.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
No a mask doesn't make me individually safe or even feel safer, that much is true. I used to think masks were pointless until I read the research. The argument for masks is in aggregate they lesson transmission in the entire population. Meaning, if you get enough people to wear masks the levels of transmission go down 30 or 40 percent, maybe more. One person wearing a mask accomplishes little. 200 hundred million people wearing masks has a measurable effect. That's the reason I wear one, not because I think I'm bulletproof with a mask on. If I want to feel safe, I isolate. I stay home. It's fucking boring as shit but staying home is the primary way I reduce my personal risk until there's a proper anti-virus.
Mexico's made masks mandatory, basically. Over 80% of their population is masked, yet they are the fifth place worldwide in 'rona deaths. If masks are so effective, they should be right there with Sweden, which doesn't mandate them, in terms of casualties. And there's strong suspicion that Mexico's commie gov't is grossly under-reporting the actual numbers (which were over 60,000 dead last time they made the news).

Maybe masks actually increase the contagion, instead of containing it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Mexico's made masks mandatory, basically. Over 80% of their population is masked, yet they are the fifth place worldwide in 'rona deaths. If masks are so effective, they should be right there with Sweden, which doesn't mandate them, in terms of casualties. And there's strong suspicion that Mexico's commie gov't is grossly under-reporting the actual numbers (which were over 60,000 dead last time they made the news).

Maybe masks actually increase the contagion, instead of containing it.
MAYBE YOURE TALKING ABOUT MEXICO... EVER BEEN THERE?!?! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.