PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
For sure Haunted that's a sweet one. I want to own an Upshall some day. He might end up as my only English pipe. I'd even be happy with a Tilshead and I personally think that a billiard is the only way to go in an English pipe.
Nice!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Thanks all. I got it today and it smokes wonderfully. One thing I've noticed with Upshall's is that they smoke a little hot until they are fully broken in then they are like magic. I used to work at a pipe shop and picked up 6 of them and they are my best smokers. Upshalls are made by a guy named Barry Jones who for years was Charatans top pipe maker - as a result, you see a lot of shape similarity.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
lu012L.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Jay, that is SWEET! I love the graining and how it sweeps around the pipe with that gorgeous birdseye upfront and the straight grain on the rim. Nice grab. I like the inlay on the stem, cool logo

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Nope. Just admired.
I got my new Luciano this week. I don't need another. At least this week. :>)

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Is that the Pease/DiPiazza shape poker? If not its really close to it. If I remember right Bob got that pipe but in a sandblast finish to it. I really like both of them a lot.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yep Bob got the very first one sold.
Here's mine. It's a bit heavy on the stain for me. But it was only 80 bucks. smokingpipes has one in the tan blast but it's $135.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2106_161681038

Pipes and Cigars has 3 of the other Pease shapes left for $80. No sitters but some cool pipes nonetheless.

That other Dublin is pretty sharp despite not being a sitter.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Off the Luciano topic but here's a sweet little Stanwell estate pipe ending in a couple hours on ebay. Nice short little sitter, Cool shape. Nice blast. Lightly smoked as you can see by the chamber. And being a Stanwell it should smoke like a dream.
I'm not bidding and hope I haven't advertised a pipe someone else here might be trying to win.
I'd expect it sells for $40 or less.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
That poker from Pease and Luciano is only $80? There is one on smokingpipes but it's like $135. Would the difference in stain make all the difference? I would like one of them in a dark sea rock finish with a smooth rim just slightl lighter in color than the rest of the pipe.
I might not have yet found my favorite tobacco but I know what I want in pipes haha.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yep Jay I paid $80. P&C has 3 other Pease shapes still available for that price.
Really belongs more in PAD desires vs Purchases given I'm never going to buy one of these at these prices.
But over at P&C they also have Collin Rigsby pipes and this is a Dublin Sitter that rocks IMO. Of course it rocks to the tune of $350. So I ain't playin'. But even so.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2106_165172937

Status
Not open for further replies.