PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
So I smoked it tonight and it smoked a little wet, but my tobacco may have been too moist (still learning these things, you know), so in a few days I'll try again with some dry tobacco and see how it goes. Thanks, all!
-Jason

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Here are those pictures I promised!
IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

Nice little gem!
Sorry for the huge pictures, I will fix tomorrow!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I'd smile for weeks over a deal like that.
The only real flaws look like they're on the stem and should be easy enough to fix. The rim looks to be in really good shape. I'll admit, I wondered what the photos would look like before you posted them. Now they're up and what a steal!

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Just grabbed up a Albertson Russet 75 off of ebay. Once I get it cleeaned up a bit will take some pics and post them. My only worry is I havent found much info on the brand oh well that is the the fun of it some times.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bubba, that's a wonderful pipe, and Dudley is right, "...what a steal!" I'm really happy for you. Enjoy it for many years.
Duncan, check out Albertsons on this page at Pipe Logos & Markings. It might help.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
IMG_0815.jpg

Here she is, couldn't polish her since my father decided to use the buff pad for his knives and now it is black and ruined.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Thanks guys, I found it is made by the Big Ben line which is owned by the Royal Dutch Pipe Company. Other than that nada on when the line was worked or for how long.
Bubba, I really need to find the junk stores you go to. I never find those type of finds. Great pick up.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Wow Bubba I would kill for a find like that! I attend a small University in a small town in Arkansas and I'm always begging my girlfriend to stop in the antique shops. She of course thinks I'm being sweet and want to shop for antiques but secretly I'm looking for pipes haha. Good find though and I hope that PAD hits again haha.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi Guys,
Here are my acquisitions from Aug. 2010
The TRG White Ringed Volcano was a gift from some friends.
DSCF4024.jpg

DSCF4025.jpg

Johs Bulldog, this is a very large pipe.
DSCF4022.jpg

This last pipe is a Maggiore. It is a Stepphano 2nd. The only blemish I could find is a small sand pit @ 12:00 on the rim of the bowl.
DSCF4018.jpg

DSCF4019.jpg

Here is the trio:
DSCF4026.jpg

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Beautiful pipes pstlpkr! I really like the Johs Bulldog! Looks like PAD hit you fairly well haha.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I stop at almost every antique store I see and it is always a hit or miss.
Most times I will see 40 pipes and they are all junk, every once and a while there is one okay pipe mixed in with junk pipes, sometimes there is one okay looking pipe, and rarely you will find a pipe like the one I found.
I have only found two good (for me) pipes, an Erik Nording freehand signature and this stanwell, so I count myself lucky!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
What is an easy way to tell if it is junk or not? I suppose the obvious things such as who makes it and if the hole is near the bottom of the bowl (I forget the technical terms) and also that it doesn't have a huge cake built up. But what do you guys look for when looking at antique pipes or estate pipes?

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I'm having a real hard time not bidding on this one here. It's killing me, hold me back boys, hold me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.