PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I feel that discovering estate pipes on ebay is a very bad thing for me haha. I have now not only discovered that but I have also become obsessed with looking for "lots" of pipes where there are 3 or more for sale together. We really do need a support group and I am just beginning this journey. I hope the girlfriend realizes the can of worms she opened when she told me to quit smoking cigarettes and cigars and pick up pipe smoking.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Pstlpkr I agree she is very much a keeper :)

It seems it is rare to find a woman who actually encourages pipe smoking, and not only that but wants to learn more so she can buy me a pipe in the future.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I've had that Autograph on my Watch List since it came up (I have a saved search for "Autograph"). It has a few dings and scrapes, but with that kind of bird's eye on the rim I expect it to go for $100-$150.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I would really like to own an autograph especially that one. However, I do not have the resources to drop $100+ on a pipe right now sadly. Maybe after I get a high paying job and a multi-million dollar home with a rolls royce I can buy up all the ebay pipes. Though maybe selling my kidney might be a more viable option.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Rack with Humidor

IMG_0827.jpg

Closed

IMG_0826.jpg

Carey Magic Inch

IMG_0825.jpg

DryFilter

IMG_0824.jpg

Imported Briar

IMG_0823.jpg

Puff's with Rhinestones :)

IMG_0822.jpg

Sansieni Winsor

IMG_0821.jpg

Willard

IMG_0820.jpg

This is the lot I grabbed of ebay for 26 shipped, gotta love a Rhinestone pipe!!!!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Good deal or $26. The rack is especially nice.
You may fall in love with the reamer in the second picture. They're kind of a rarity. I have one and it's my preferred reamer of the two I own, though I've since graduated to using a knife.
This is a handy tool for image resizing, though I think it's only for Windows XP.
Image Resizer & Powertoys Link
The program is called Image Resizer and it's in the column on the right of the page.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I did fall in love with the reamer. I like more then the pocket knife trick. The Winsor smokes real nice will try the Willard later today. Sending the Carey, DryFilter and Imported to my Father-in-Law that just picked up the hobby, also will send him the Tool also since I already have one.
The Humidor is a Decator and is in great shape, which is the only reason I bought this lot.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Bubbadreier, I posted them in the Good deal? Thread since the eBay pictures are there too.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha it's all good. I just hope I can restore them. The gabrow seems unsmoked or clean very very thoroughly.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
IMG_0828.jpg

My 3 dollar pick up.
The left most one I believe is a Peterson Meershaum. Says Block Meershaum and the stem has a Fancy P on it. No other markings than that though.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
That's pretty neat for $3, Duncan. I've never seen a case quite like that and it looks like it might have been a store display.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
The wife and I were looking for a coat rack and stumbled along a junk dealer. As we were looking around he asked if we needed help and told him I was looking for a coat rack. He pulled it out and I noticed it sitting on a shelf so I asked how much. he wanted 30 for the rack and I had 3 dollars cash left so he told me to give him the 3 and I can have the rack and the pipes. I gave him a chance and asked if he was sure cause I could hit a ATM and grab some more and he said no worries.
All in all it was good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.