PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
Since I'm sort of a backward person, I simply spelled the name of one of my favorite tobaccos backwards.

jdmack09

Lurker
Apr 15, 2014
Mine is very simple once broken down
JD: is my First name

Mack: The first four Letters of my last name

09: The year I joined the United States Army

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Just for you, Diana. One of my favorite songs when in high school. Yup, I'm old.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh0doCIySw4

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
I am of Hawaiian ancestry.I also live in hawaii.Kanaka refers to a large hawaiian man.And 95 is the year i graduated high school.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
The raven and the wolf are both animal totems of mine - from familial Scandinavian shamanic practice as well as an apprenticeship I undertook with a Native American Elder.
Odin had two ravens (Huginn & Munnin [meaning Thought & Memory]) and two wolves (Geri & Freki [both meaning "ravenous"]). The ravens were said to fly around and return back to him each evening to tell him what was happening everywhere.
Ravens are also metatool users - meaning that they will create a tool which they can use to create a better tool, which is then used to accomplish something. They also recognize human faces, assign data to the faces, and pass that data onto their babies utilizing their own verbal language. They are one of the smartest critters around, with comprehensive language skills (measured via interaction with a touch screen computer) that rival that of our ape cousins.
Wolves carry a lot of cultural meanings - something I've just always identified with.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well I suppose most of you think I some sort of agnostic that doesn't believe in anything. Maybe... Well I've always been known to question things since I was a kid, and I still do. I don't claim to know the answers to a lot of things, and I don't really care. But I do like to label inanimate objects as being agnostic, like pipes for instance. They have no knowledge per se, maybe some history (that's cool), or a ghost (not as cool), but mainly they know nothing. In my opinion, they only respond to what is put in them and how they're treated. Thus: agnosticpipe.... Oh, I do believe I have knowledge and beliefs of some things, but I mostly keep them to myself, and right now I believe I'll go smoke some Luxury Twist Flake!

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Let's resurrect this post shall we?
My last name is Baum, birth year is 81 as in 1981. Yes everyone, I am that young and won't apologize for youth vigor, and ignorance. (Actually I will appologize for my ignorance. One day I'll get there)
I don’t really like my user name. When having to come up with something, pipebaum81 was one of the first things I came to but I felt it had a very negative feel to it so it was immediately vetoed. I couldn't come up with anything else and it kept creeping back in my head.
The whole process delayed my registration here by two days. I finally gave in and the rest is history.

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
Desertpipe.....High Desert dweller in the American Southwest....Pipe smoker for 46 years. Needed a name to join ASP way back in the day, and just stuck with it all these years.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
My given name is Andrew, which I prefer, but most call me Andy. I am an alumnus of Purdue University and Purdue alumni are known as "Boilermakers" so I am boilermakerandy.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
For a number of years I have been turning pens, Christmas ornaments, and other items on my lathe. When I was looking for what to name my business I decided to make it unique. I combined a name from my ancestral roots in Scotland - my great grandmother was from the Hunter clan in Scotland - and the ancient word for wood or woods is wold, so hence - 'Hunterwold". I am just carving my first briar pipe now and hope to have it ready to give to my brother for Christmas, if it is worthy. Some day there may be a line of hand-made wooden pipes to carry the name Hunterwold.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have blue eyes and my nickname in the army was "The Ogre" as my Master Corporal liked the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" and I was/am a big ugly bastard.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
The first forums I participated in were acoustic guitar forums, where I was named either fedora or fedoraed. To my students I was tallgebra on the sites I used with them and for email. When I retired the many me's could become one. The whole me that my parents raised after they named me for one of each of their relatives.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
On another thread for jeeps when I first bought mine I choose Jeepnewbie. I was new to owning a Jeep, and figured I'd stick with the same nick. I was thinking of Jeeppipe but for some reason didn't roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.