PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I thought I was pretty clever with mine, with reading these it turns out i'm not too clever after all. :puffy:
Anyway, my first pipe was a Peterson, so I knew I wanted that to do something with it. My daddy's first and only pipe was a Peterson which inspired me to get one (because he loved his so much (he picked his up on his trips to Ireland back when quality was still fantastic)). So, being the son of a Peterson man made me a Peterson son.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Being a pilot and also the founder of a Flight Simulation company, I became known as "Captain Bob". Then, I met Craig Tarler of C&D. We created a pipe tobacco blend that is known as "Capt. Bob's Blend" and it is doing very well as a featured tinned or bulk blend manufactured by C&D and available in 2 and 8 ounce tins and "in bulk" from www.smokingpipes.com. It is also available from www.pipesandcigars.com. Both are excellent sources of my blend. It is a light English aromatic. It has just enough Latakia to know that it is there. It has a unique character and aroma that women love. Read the reviews at this address: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3117/cornell-diehl-captain-bobs-blend

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Cuchulain was a legendary Irish hero, known for his strength and temper. Seeing as I'm a big mick with a hot head it seemed appropriate. :wink:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm a Heavy Metal music fan, which are commonly referred to as Metalheads. I'm a cigar enthusiast as well, and since I'm a fan of Romeo Y Julieta cigars I thought the Y was better than using 'and' or '&'. Metalhead Y Cigarguy.

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
Bill is the name I gave to the Iraqi's and Afghan's. Bearcat is a play on my last name and what the guys call me at work. So I use Bill Bearcat often in place of my real name. I guess you could call it my stage name. Plus, bearcats naturally smell like popcorn. I don't really care for popcorn, but it is a fun fact.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
A good friend of mine who is also one of my Marines, calls me SailorJeremy all the time because I only drink rum. The rest of the junior Marines call me Doctor-J, which was almost my username. SailorJeremy sounds way cooler though :)

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
Kendo is one of the main reasons I came to Japan. Most people think it's a pretty crazy Martial Art but I love it. It has helped me in all walks of life. Also my name is Daniel but I hate being called Dan.
For anyone interested in Kendo!

http://youtu.be/Q4SHWXQBVL4

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I went through a phase long ago where I collected nothing but English pipes and smoked English blends in them. The folks in the shop were I worked at started calling me Mr. English.
I liked Ruger's story. That is pretty cool.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Kinda cool to hear the stories behind everyone's names! Mine is based on the fact that I love reading - I'm a 'book nerd'. I love any sort of reading, but I particularly enjoy reading fantasy novels. I've always used a 3 instead if an 'e' for no apparent reason.

Aug 14, 2012
The Foggymountain Boys was the original name for the Flatt & Scruggs group, bluegrass musicians. If you don't know Earl Scruggs, listen to him on youtube. The greatest banjo virtuoso I have heard. It is also appropriate for me because I sit in a big cloud of smoke much of the time. And finally, it reminds me of one of the more beautiful mornings I have had. A magical ride through the Smokey Mountains in North Carolina on a BMW bike at 5:30 AM one day about 35 years ago.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Mine? I own a brace of Setters. An English and a Gordon. One either likes to hunt over a beautiful pointing dog or is relegated to hunting over whatever else is out there. I say this tongue in cheek of course. ;-).

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Mine is a reference to All Quiet on the Western Front. "Erich Baumer" is the author's first name and the main character's last. It's been my pseudonym for just about everything.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
The girls in school use to call me Tripod but I though I would move away from that nickname. So I like Buster Keaton silent movies, and thought I would go with that?

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
3rd Platoon, A Co, 2/75th Rangers were (and still are) known as the EarthPigs. I've used this handle ever since I got out of the Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.