PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Professor Moriarty

Can't Leave
Apr 13, 2023
United States
Can anyone date this tin? I purchased it from a USA pipe shop in the early 1990's.
My best guess is late 1980's.
I popped it open just now. Slight vaccuum seal remaining, perfect smoking moisture (a bit on the dry side as I prefer), smells great, lots of sugar crystals and white spots (mold?).
I will smoke it today or tomorrow and report if interesting.

View attachment 317660

View attachment 317661

View attachment 317663

View attachment 317665

View attachment 317670

View attachment 317671
Dunhill 965 is a medium strength English blend. A favorite of many, including myself. I have not tried Peterson's version, though I hear it is just as popular among fans of English blends.
I have now smoked several bowls and can say this tin aged well after about 30 years. Mellowed nicely, as one might expect. No sharp edges, and all flavors, including the Latakia, joined harmoniously together.
And when this tin is gone, I have another the same age!

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
I don't know if the sugar crystals are evident but this is a 2000-era Three Nuns. We are at the beach this week and I am working it in a couple beater-cobs with a lawn chair wind block and strong coffee. They sparkle and I'm day dreaming about how they'd make for an espuma for Cuban coffee. I should mine and drink or sell them to coffee shops, maybe (lol).

20240620_132011.jpg