Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
HU order came in today (from Germany in only 3 days)! Finishing off this bowl of Dockworker in the new HS Studio pipe (left) and about to fire up some Nyala in the IMP meer (right) as a chaser. @JimInks suggested using a wider bowl for the latter, which i will try first. It was either this or one of my 2 pots and i'm in a meery kinda mood. ;)

Open 060724.JPG

Groot5225

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2023

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Couple tins of Reiner Gold Flake. If you recently got some and are wondering if there is any baggies inside, the answer is no. Also no gasket on the top; just metal sealing. Take that for what it’s worth to you regarding you you might choose to store it.
View attachment 315745
View attachment 315746
View attachment 315747
I remember my dads tobacco from Iwan Ries coming in paint can type tins.
If it were a problem with letting gases in/out I don’t think evidence in arson investigations would be stored in similar metal tins….

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
LJ Perreti also uses these type of "paint cans".
You’re right. There are a number of threads on the site about HU and Peretti cans and most of the experience seems to say that the cans sufficiently prevent drying out. Most I recall being negatives were if some tobacco flakes were compromising the seal or if it wasn’t consumed or jarred you could see it start drying out in 10 years maybe.