PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethology

Lurker
Jan 5, 2020
Guys, tobacco is the tip of the iceberg. All of these anti freedom( doesn’t matter whether you smoke or not, how many constituents smoke or not, blah blah) ideological mechanism’s will reach out into every citizen’s life. We already have soda bans, gun bans (this one is Macdaddy/DaddyMac) fat bans, fuel bans, Carbon bans, Color Bans(on college campuses), etc etc etc.

Tobacco doesn’t dumb you down, make you lazy, eat until the grease metabolizes into pimples, and easy as hell to enter your child’s pipe on a street corner near you. (So much for the Children, we are trying to Legalize pot as fast as we can destroy tobacco)

Perhaps because:

Tobacco stimulates and Increases thought. Those two qualities equal banning material. (little pro tobacco propaganda). ?
Whats crazy is that i can go right now and procure liquor online. Get absolutely wasted and poison my liver for the rest of my life, all via the internet. But somehow purchasing pipe tobacco is unconscionable

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I know we feel put upon because we're the little guy getting affected by strong legislation, but the larger picture is that big tobacco did this to themselves. They've played every dirty trick in the book and didn't give a care about anyone... certainly not us. The fact they're helpless and weak now doesn't make up for 70 years of malfeasance, lies, and every kind of political misbehavior. Don't feel sorry for them; they've got it coming.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Whats crazy is that i can go right now and procure liquor online. Get absolutely wasted and poison my liver for the rest of my life, all via the internet. But somehow purchasing pipe tobacco is unconscionable
Lucky you. I don't think I can do that here. Alcohol is also heavily taxed and the reds tied the taxes to inflation, which means the same can of ale has only gotten more expensive every single week since these bozos came into power in AD 2015.

You don't have to poison your liver, mate. All in moderation is fine. ;)

Reactions: gervais

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Lucky you. I don't think I can do that here. Alcohol is also heavily taxed and the reds tied the taxes to inflation, which means the same can of ale has only gotten more expensive every single week since these bozos came into power in AD 2015.

You don't have to poison your liver, mate. All in moderation is fine. ;)
Yeah almost $30 for a 40oz...fuckers

Reactions: yaddy306

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
How miserable do I have to be for these fuckers to be happy?

They assume if you seem miserable you're just faking it.

Control freaks will never get enough. As long as you're still breathing, it requires their supervision.

And when you stop breathing, they don't want you to have your own grave...they now want to use you as compost.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
The actual truth is, TPTB are actively creating a literal dystopia. All the films and novels — predictive programming. Some of you will laugh at this now, but will live to see my words come true, and when so, no one will remember they were told. This is the lonely and thankless job of the watchman.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
So what we're really getting at here is that it's absolutely reasonable to buy some more tobacco...on it!

Honestly, I was somewhat surprised that online sales were even allowed when I got into the hobby. The idea of it going away should piss anyone off, politics aside. I feel like it's only a matter of time though, as others have stated...really trying to squirrel away tins and jars away to build up a reasonable cellar.

I wonder how much trial and error it would take before I could produce a nice, smokeable blend at home. Seems daunting, to say the least. Brewing beer or growing veggies is one thing...tobacco seems like it'd be an art!

...for now, appreciating the freedoms Nanny State allows... :rolleyes:

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
So what we're really getting at here is that it's absolutely reasonable to buy some more tobacco...on it!

Honestly, I was somewhat surprised that online sales were even allowed when I got into the hobby. The idea of it going away should piss anyone off, politics aside. I feel like it's only a matter of time though, as others have stated...really trying to squirrel away tins and jars away to build up a reasonable cellar.

I wonder how much trial and error it would take before I could produce a nice, smokeable blend at home. Seems daunting, to say the least. Brewing beer or growing veggies is one thing...tobacco seems like it'd be an art!

...for now, appreciating the freedoms Nanny State allows... :rolleyes:

Blending can be a challenge. I've greated some that should have been good on paper, but turned out surprisingly unsinkable. Like absolutely revolting. Guess I don't have a knack for it.

Reactions: kg.legat0

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey at least they're not going to hang us for it like has been done in the past. Tobacco being illegal in some areas is what lead to the development of Dhoka. Herbs as camo for the tobacco smoke and stronger strains so you could take a puff or two and be sated.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I couldn't agree more. Their Moving Pictures album changed my life. ?
You know the thing I hate the most about that movie and the radio guy is that because of their name you never know immediately what answer to give when a stranger asks you your opinion of Rush. Though I think a few people who listen to his radio show now are waiting for the guy to demonstrate why I think he's one of the great bass players.

Reactions: perdurabo

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You know the thing I hate the most about that movie and the radio guy is that because of their name you never know immediately what answer to give when a stranger asks you your opinion of Rush. Though I think a few people who listen to his radio show now are waiting for the guy to demonstrate why I think he's one of the great bass players.
I love both, but agree. I’ll ask, “Do you like Rush?” The person looks at me and I say, “You know the Band Rush?” Then they nod their head and say, “Oh, yea, yea, Rush. Tom Sawyer is awesome!”

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.