PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The Hockey Guy has had similar discussions about the inconsistency of crosschecking penalties, and I was just recently thinking about how inconsistent the penalty calls are in hockey.

I mean, watching my Ducks 2007 Stanley Cup DVD would make you think it took place in 2035. There were so many whistles even though it was a fair bit rougher back then.

I learned hockey watching THG. I rarely miss a post of his. Shannon is the GOAT

Reactions: americaman

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not following the playoffs, but as I was running an errand today past the Carolina Hurricanes arena, they had a banner across six lanes of entry road that said "Stanley Cup Playoffs." And I thought of this thread. I think I would have heard about it if the 'Canes were closing in on the Cup.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm not following the playoffs, but as I was running an errand today past the Carolina Hurricanes arena, they had a banner across six lanes of entry road that said "Stanley Cup Playoffs." And I thought of this thread. I think I would have heard about it if the 'Canes were closing in on the Cup.
Unfortunately they were eliminated this evening by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Also, look at VGK being all VGK like in the third!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Mark Stone is playing out of his goddamn gourd right now. I’ve never seen him play so well in his career. Even out there skating like a stiff old giraffe he just keeps making shit happen.

Vegas is looking more and more like a special team for sure.
We played like dogshit in periods one and two. Then played for the opportunities that the Avs graciously handed out.

The Avs shifted lines, they played dump and dive and everything they don’t normally do.

This game was stolen by Vegas. We came in and left town with the Avs wives and pride.

The Avs bench after the loss looked like a morgue.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
We played like dogshit in periods one and two. Then played for the opportunities that the Avs graciously handed out.

The Avs shifted lines, they played dump and dive and everything they don’t normally do.

This game was stolen by Vegas. We came in and left town with the Avs wives and pride.

The Avs bench after the loss looked like a morgue.
Absolutely.

Reactions: ashdigger
Status
Not open for further replies.